What would a film festival be as of late without an expos on an enigmatic male fashion designer? With Karl and Valentino in the can, the Tribeca Film Festival is set to debut Ultrasuede: In Search of Halston on April 30.
Roy Halston Frowick can’t speak for himself, so the filmmakers turned to a fabulous flock of former-Halston-ettes including Diane Von Furstenberg, Liza Minnelli, and Anjelica Huston for some insight on the man behind the silk jersey.
Designers as celebs are de rigueur in today’s fashion/media/entertainment strewn landscape, but in Halston’s era his high-profile persona was an anomaly. With celeb Sarah Jessica Parker recently named as creative officer for the revived label, things seem to have come full circle.
Relive Halston’s luxe jetset lifestyle for yourself with the below pieces inspired by the designer, his favorite disco, Seventies glam and gal pal Bianca Jagger.
1. Cream one-shoulder Grecian dress by Arden B.
2. Gold mesh forearm bangle by Jenny Bird.
3. Black asymmetrical jersey gown by T-Bags.
4. Black and gold sunglasses by Balenciaga.
5. Gold mesh clutch by Whiting & Davis.
6. Bronze chain sandal by Cocobelle.
7. Olive beaded belt by Chan Luu.
8. White silk maxi dress by Halston Heritage.
9. Rhinestone snake cuff by Arden B.
10. Black wooden platform sandal by Bebe.
11. Clarins Self-Tanning Instant Gel.
12. Metallic wrapped hoops by Forever 21.
13. Black cropped fur vest by Jenni Kayne.
Now you’re set to hop on a jet to Marrakesh.