We’ve all got one: old reliable, everyone’s I-have-nothing-to-wear go-to, the ubiquitous plain white tee. Whether you originally purchased yours with plans of tie-dyeing it or got it in a five-pack on sale at Target, chances are you tend to play it safe when it comes to actually styling it. Believe it or not, though, there are a lot of different ways to make this staple look chic, so if you’re wondering how to wear a plain white t-shirt, we’ve rounded up 101 (yes, 101) ways to do so and be cute AF.
When planning a fire outfit, all you need is a little creativity, some good accessories and a lot of inspiration. And using a white tee as your starting point is ideal, since it’s a piece that’s pretty accessible to almost everyone. Whether your budget is $2 or $2,000, you can find a white t-shirt and dress it up with pretty much anything. From minimalist outfit ideas you can wear any day of the week, to unexpected and unique ways to style a plain white tee for weekend fun, you’re sure to find an inspirational ensemble in this list. Or two, or three. There are a lot of cute options!
You heard it here first, y’all—so long as you have a plain white tee in your wardrobe, “I have nothing to wear” is no longer a valid excuse. Sorry not sorry! Scroll through the below and try on a few new looks, and before you know it, you’ll look like the fashionista I know you are. Prepare for street style photogs to be flagging you down on the reg.
1. Co-ord Skirt + Blazer Set
If, for some reason, you don’t already have a plain white tee , it’s time to buy one. I love this one’s looser fit, flattering V-neck and pocket detail.
2. Black Crop Top + Black Pants + Crossbody Bag
3. Cuffed Mom Jeans + White Kicks +Tan Tote
4. Floral Midi Skirt + Block Heels + Hoop Earrings
5. High-Waisted Black Skinny Jeans + Sunnies
6. Knotted Tee + Pink Slip Skirt + Belt Bag
7. Teal Bodycon Skirt + Clear Bag + Clear Heels
8. All White Everything
9. Tie-Dye Skirt + Black Crossbody + Black Heels
10. Animal Print Skirt + Natural Bag + Headband
The headband trend isn’t going anywhere, and a simple black knotted style will always be in fashion. A white tee and a black accessory are a match made in minimalist heaven!
11. Black & White Pants + Clutch
12. Neutral Mini Dress + Long Cardi
13. Black Leather Pants + Blazer
14. Simple Mini Dress + Chunky Sneakers
15. Slogan White Tee + Candy-Striped Skirt
16. Jeans + Green Bomber Jacket
17. Jeans + Blazer + Bright Accessories
18. Knotted Tee + Floral Skirt + Backpack
19. Distressed Jeans + Sweater Around Waist
20. Pink Co-ord Set
Can we award some bonus points for those cat-eye white sunnies , too? We’re buying some ASAP.
21. White Distressed Jeans + White Hat + Neutral Bag
22. Peplum-Waist Pants + Minimalist Heels
23. Striped Skirt + Knee-High Black Boots + Dark Lipstick
24. Knotted Tee + Yellow Patterned Skirt + Stacked Bracelets
25. Pleated Metallic Skirt + Gold Jewelry
26. Neutral Maxi Skirt + Sunnies + Colorful Sandals
27. Animal Print Skirt + Black Clutch
28. Olive Shorts + Straw Bag
29. Black Lingerie Top + Patterned Kimono
30. Floral Mini Skirt + Red Wedges
31. A-Line Midi Skirt + Heeled Mules + Structured Bag
A neutral mule with a sturdy block heel is a summertime essential, and the Seychelles Commute Mule definitely fits the bill. Plus, it also comes in black and a neutral woven option.
32. Rainbow Striped Skirt
33. Beaded Mini Skirt + Colorful Clutch
34. Black Flowy Pants + Red Lipstick
35. Black Slip Dress + Denim Jacket
36. Red Floral Maxi Skirt + Denim Jacket
37. Leggings + Plaid Shirt + Crossbody Bag
38. Wide-Leg Black Pants + Red Heels
39. Menswear Trousers + Linen Blazer
40. Simple Black Pants + Red Cardigan + Converse
This is a pro tip for any summer look, not just one worn with a plain white tee: Classic low-rise white Converse kicks make any outfit better. It’s a fact!
41. Cream Straight-Leg Denim + Black Shoes + Headband
42. Ruched Satin Midi Skirt + Gold Statement Earrings
43. Pinafore Skirt + Cute Wedges
44. Black Denim Mini Skirt + Rounded Sunnies
45. Bike Shorts + Leather Jacket
46. Strapless Dress + Neutral Hat
47. Linen Pants + Lightweight Blazer + Boots
48. Hot Pink Maxi Skirt + Statement Necklace
49. Curvy Dark Wash Denim + Mini Bag
50. Belted as a Dress
51. Tan Skirt + Beachy Hat
A cute straw hat gives any summer outfit a more laid-back, beachy vibe. Plus, it keeps your cute face safe from the sun’s harmful rays. A fashionable win-win!
52. Olive Skirt + Leopard Neck Scarf
53. Leather Mini Skirt + Wayfarer Sunnies
54. Animal Print Midi Skirt + Simple Gold Necklace
55. Green Striped Pants + Straw Hat + Fanny Pack on Shoulder
56. Denim Shorts + Olive Vest + Pendant Necklace
57. Striped Pants + Gladiator Sandals
58. Varsity Bomber Jacket + Skinny Jeans
59. Checkered Sneakers + Striped Mini Skirt
60. Denim On Denim
An oversized denim jacket that’s a shade darker than your jeans is so cool-girl chic. Bonus points for a little distressing for a truly lived-in look.
61. Maximalist Floral Skirt + Strappy Sandals
62. Neon Skirt + Statement Pearl Earrings
63. Floral Skirt + Bucket Bag + White Sunnies
64. Tapered Brown Pants + White Kitten Heels
65. Navy Blazer + Light Wash Denim + Booties
66. Long Kimono Jacket + Bold Heels
67. Cropped Fit + Baggy Tan Overalls
68. Hi-Low Dress + Skinny Jeans
69. Striped Pants + Chunky Turban + Gold Jewelry
70. Animal Print Shorts + Striped Bag
71. Jeans + Oversized Bag + Newsboy Cap
Are newsboy caps back in style? We’re all in favor. Mask a bad hair day with a low messy bun and this simple hat on top. Instantly chic.
72. Light-Wash Jeans + Neon Handbag
73. Oversized Fit + Cuffed Jeans + Scarf Belt
74. White Eyelet Skirt + Reflective Sunnies
75. White Blazer + Distressed Boyfriend Jeans
76. Long Black Vest + Skinny Jeans + Loafers
77. Knotted Tee + Leopard Bike Shorts
78. Striped Paperbag Waist Shorts
79. Short-Sleeved Cardigan + Slip-On Sneakers
80. Bright Polka Dot Skirt + Crossbody Bag
BTW, if you’re interested in a new neutral crossbody bag with a little extra flair, we can’t stop thinking about Madewell’s Micro Sydney Bag in Animal Spotted Calf Hair. Swoon.
81. High-Waisted Olive Pants + Minimalist Sandals
82. Black Blazer + Black Pants + Brown Shoes
83. Ripped Jeans + Long Cardi + Pendant Necklace
84. Red Wide-Leg Pants + Silver Hoops
85.Barbie Pink Leather Moto Skirt
86. Striped Blazer + Denim Shorts + Co-ordinating Accessories
87. Light-Wash Jeans + Gold Bracelets
88. Trench Dress + Bucket Hat + Dad Sneakers
89. Loose Jeans + Boyfriend Jacket
90. Colorful Suit + Chunky Sneakers + Crossbody Bag
While I’m a fan of chunky dad sneaks, there are a ton of white sneaker options to consider when styling a plain white tee. The Saucony Kinvara 11s are some of my faves, thanks to a tiny metallic pop and tons of texture.
91. White Wide-Leg Cropped Jeans + Chunky Sandals + Bold Bag
Christian Vierig/Getty Images.
92. Animal Print Mini Dress
93. Tearaway Joggers + Oversized Sunnies + Luxe Crossbody
94. Baseball Cap + Shirt Tied Around Waist
95. Green Moto Jacket + Animal Print Booties
96. Longline Plaid Coat + Black Chain Loafers
96. Camel Suit + Matching Bag + Strappy Sandals
98. Crop Top + Distressed Jeans
99. Shredded Overalls + Crossbody Bag
100. Red Animal Print Mini Skirt + Sunnies
101. Black Skinny Jeans + Gray Denim Jacket
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.