Scroll To See More Images
Summer is exciting for a handful of reasons—chiefly that we’re all allowed to bare our feet to the world for the first time since, like, September. Sure, consistent high temperatures and sunshine-filled days are great. But have you ever tried getting a pedicure, busting out a fresh pair of summer sandals, and giving your toes their first glimpse of the world in literal months? Few things feel quite as intoxicating as releasing my feet from the cavernous boots they’ve been trapped in for what feels like forever. (No one else? Just me? OK.)
Me waxing poetic about the undeniable pleasures of open-toed shoe season aside, summer sandals are here. And they’re abundant. And they’re cute. The summer sandal landscape is vast and varied—as filled with ribbons and snakeskins as it is with jelly rubbers and woven rope. And even better: It’s practical. Summer sandals are an absolute necessity, so there’s little reason for buyer’s remorse.
Whether you’re looking for a comfy go-to gladiator for your next vacation, or an edgier option that’s as fit for festival season as it is for your next night out, you’re sure to find it. There’s a veritable plethora of adorable summer sandals just waiting to join your footwear rotation—and I’ve given you every excuse to shop them. So go forth, and fill your life with open-toed shoe bliss. You—and your toes—deserve it.
1. Colored Flat Rubber Sandals, $39.90 at Zara
If buying these jelly sandals in every single shade is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
2. Rocket Dog Lazerbeam Pleatform Sandal, $40 at Urban Outfitters
Space-y fashion is having a serious moment—and these chunky flatforms feel like a particularly retro take on the trend.
3. Teva Hurricane Drift Sandal, $40 at Urban Outfitters
The perfect comfy complement to any outfit you’ve thrown together.
4. Willow Shell Raffia Sandal, $44 at Urban Outfitters
Because jewelry isn’t the only way to get your shell detailing on this summer.
5. RAID Denise Flatform Sandals, $48 at ASOS
The only sandal your going-out rotation needs.
6. Beek Lovebird Sandal, $295 at Free People
A maximalist-chic take on the enduring mules trend.
7. Zoe Eva Platform Sandal, $29 at Urban Outfitters
So noughts. So fun. So delightful.
8. Faux Leather Espadrille Sandals, $18 at Forever 21
A classic—because everyone needs a neutral go-to.
9. Hester Red Sandals, $48 at Topshop
Perfect for nights when you want the dressiness of a heel—and the comfort of a flat.
10. Jayice Flatform Sandal, $250 at Free People
Sure to play well with anything in your closet.
11. Athena Flower Thong Sandal, $29 at Urban Outfitters
Because dresses aren’t the only way to do florals.
12. Mady Leather Woven Flat Sandals, $56 at ASOS
Sandals for the fan of closed-toe shoes.
13. Rose X-Band Sandals, $26.21 at American Eagle
Burnt orange is one of 2019’s favorite colors, after all.
14. Flatform Universal Teva Sandal, $60 at Free People
Equal parts edgy and comfortable—a killer combo if I’ve ever heard one.
15. Telic Exclusive Energy Flip-Flop, $45 at Urban Outfitters
Weird as hell, but I’m honestly kind of into it.
16. Shelly Shell Leather Sandal, $59 at Urban Outfitters
For the shopper who prefers their go-to versatile sandals with a side of trendy appeal.
17. Alyssa Eva Platform Sandal, $29 at Urban Outfitters
Flatforms are here to save us all from the perils of uncomfortable heels.
18. One Fine Day Sandal, $128 at Free People
I mean, they’re bedazzled. Need I really say more?
19. Ava Tie-Dye Platform Sandal, $29 at Urban Outfitters
It was only a matter of time before tie-dye pervaded the shoe sphere, too.
20. Aria Toe-Loop Leather Sandal, $39 at Urban Outfitters
Versatile sandals your favorite minimalist is sure to love.
21. Vale Boot Sandal, $168 at Free People
I’ve never heard of boot sandals before, but they sure look cool.
22. Rocket Dog Tropics Platform Wedge Sandal, $29 at Urban Outfitters
Camp is happening, after all.
23. Faux Leather Slide Sandals, $15 at Forever 21
A palette sure to put a smile on your face every time you catch a glimpse of it.
24. Anna Baiguera Aurora Colorblock Sandals, $155 at Farfetch
Wedding season beckons.
25. Las Olas Slide Sandal, $130 at Free People
These slides look as plush and inviting as a brand new leather couch.
26. If It Was Up to Me Chunky Sandals, $22.40 at Nasty Gal
Add inches without sacrificing comfort—because you can.
27. Fuller Fisherman Jelly Flat Sandals, $26 at ASOS
Not at all ashamed to admit I’m a jelly sandal gurl now.
28. Woven Flat Sandals, $39.90 at Zara
Sleek, minimal and all kinds of dynamic—hello, best of both footwear worlds.
29. Qupid Faux Leather Ribbed Sandals, $15 at Forever 21
Low-key in style, vibrant in palette.
30. Teva Original Sandals, $50 at Anthropologie
Tevas are here to pervade the zeitgeist—and keep our feet cozy.
31. Time Travel Jelly Sandal, $85 at Free People
I mean. They’re bedazzled jelly sandals. Need I really say more?
32. Forecast Leather Asymmetric Flat Sandals, $29 at ASOS
Simultaneously dainty and edgy—an odd couple I’m definitely here for.
33. Animal Embossed Leather Slides, $49.90 at Zara
Because your clothes aren’t the only pieces that deserve animal print iterations.
34. Faux Leather Sandals, $7.45 at Forever 21
Fodder for your next vacation—and your next vacation Instagram.
35. Dr. Martens Blaire Flatform Sandal, $100 at Free People
Equal parts chunky and comfy—I’m sold.
36. Jelly Thong Sandals, $12.90 at Forever 21
Neon. Jelly. Thong. Sandals.
37. Jamie Wrap Sandal, $168 at Free People
A sandal for the shopper who’s pretty attached to flats.
38. Noelle Flatform Sandal, $128 at Free People
A going-out shoe sure to keep you comfier than a heel would.
39. Paris Flatform Sandal, $128 at Free People
Snakeskin flatforms might be the most quintessentially 2019 thing I’ve seen in a while.
40. Wide-Fit Jayme Rope Sandals, $29 at ASOS
Rainbow accessories abound this summer—because who needs a pop of color when you can have 10?
41. Jimmy Choo Suede Sliders, $347 at Farfetch
A dressier take on the sporty slide.
42. Nyla Black Strappy Flat Sandals, $23 at Lulus
A delightful tactile experience just waiting to happen.
43. Jeffrey Campbell Jelli Mule, $45 at Revolve
An oh-so noughts-y take on the classic wedge.
44. Alvaro Gonzalez Arizona Sandals, $465 at Revolve
A statement shoe that feels anything but over-the-top.
45. Shoe the Bear Cara Printed Slide Sandals, $79 at Anthropologie
A 2019 classic.
46. Hogl Double-Strap Sandals, $94 at Farfetch
Sure to play as well with your favorite overalls as it will with your go-to sundress.
47. Valia Gabriel Milena Criss-Cross Sandals, $265 at Anthropologie
Black gladiators are a no-fail option, no matter the setting. (This is coming from someone who absolutely owns a pair of black gladiators that she wears almost every day.)
48. Translucent Platform Sandals, $18 at Forever 21
More iridescent accessories, please.
49. Faux Suede Sandals, $14.90 at Forever 21
The subtlest way to do a statement accessory.
50. Pedro Garcia Braided Sandals, $341 at Farfetch
For the shopper who likes color—but not too much color.
51. Qupid Strappy Faux Suede Sandals, $18 at Forever 21
Because rainbow is, effectively, the new black.
52. Highline Flatform Sandal, $128 at Free People
Beaded straps? Be still my fashion-loving heart.
53. Wide-Fit Fraction Leather Woven Sandals, $35 at ASOS
The perfect complement to your favorite LWD.
54. Strappy Jelly Sandals, $12.90 at Forever 21
55. Flat Leather Feather Sandals, $89.90 at Zara
I mean, when life hands you an opportunity to wear feathers everywhere, you take it.
56. Beek Palila Slide Sandal, $179 at Free People
Slides that don’t feel terribly athleisure-y.
57. Paloma Barcelo Daruma Platform Sandals, $163 at Farfetch
A little clog, a little sandal—a lot of cute.
58. Faux Leather Strappy Sandals, $15 at Forever 21
Because flats definitely count as sandals if they’re open-toed and back-less.
59. Criss-Cross Slingback Sandals, $79 at & Other Stories
Because orange is a chronically underrated summer shade—and these sandals just want to rectify that.
60. Finlay Tan Thong Sandals, $49 at Lulus
So fun to look at you might catch yourself staring at your feet all day.
61. Ancient Greek Sandals Elegtheria Sandal, $125 at Revolve
Hell yes jelly sandals are available in braided iterations.
62. Janella Espradrille Sandals, $56 at ASOS
Never underestimate the power of a good espadrille.
63. Santoni Ribbon Sandals, $292 at Farfetch
Sleek, comfy and fit for any setting—dressy or casual.
64. Jelly Flip-Flops, $9.90 at Forever 21
Because if you’re going to wear flip-flops, you might as well make them as ironic as possible.
65. Secret Beach Strappy Sandals, $98 at Free People
Proof a little pink detailing goes a long way.
66. The Seller Slingback Mesh Sandals, $175 at Farfetch
Mesh tops abound this season. And now, mesh sandals do, too.
67. Vinyl Tube-Strap Sandals, $29.90 at Zara
Cinderella’s glass slipper—rendered for the modern age.
68. Clergerie Braided Platform Sole Slides, $381 at Farfetch
A no-fail silhouette, rendered in a no-fail palette.
69. Flat Leather Shell Sandals, $59.90 at Zara
Why shouldn’t the shell accessory trend extend to footwear, too?
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
A version of this article was originally published in June 2017. Updated June 2019.