Scroll To See More Images
I’m not much of a heels person, but there’s something about summer that makes me want to kick off my go-to sneaks and Chelseas and slip my feet into something brighter, something bolder, something more beautiful. Summer heels are the stuff sartorial dreams are made of—the kind of thing we wear in our wildest fashion fantasies (and our most idyllic Instagrams-to-be). What better way is there to dress up a low-key tee-and-jeans combo than to slide into a pair of animal print (heeled!) mules, or to don some vibrant snakeskin pumps, or to try out some strappy iridescent beauties?
Even I, a comfort-seeker who’s almost athletically practical about what I add to my wardrobe, can’t withstand the inherent appeal of summer heels. I may be ruthlessly thoughtful about how and where I can wear something before buying it, but I’m no match at all for the myriad fantasies summer heels embed in my imagination. Not to mention, since sensible shoes have made something of a comeback in recent years, the summer heels landscape is looking comfier and more reasonable than it has in a long, long time.
The summer heels landscape is our collective, proverbial oyster. All that’s left for us to do is shop it.
1. Suede Leopard Kitten Heel Mules, $129 at & Other Stories
I was a mule skeptic last summer, but now I’m a full-on mule convert.
2. Paige Platform Clog, $295 at Free People
A beginner clog for the person who’s only warming up to chunky footwear.
3. Veronica Jelly Strap Sandal, $39 at Urban Outfitters
Strappy iridescent heels are so early aughts—and so 2019, too.
4. Alana Wood Leather Sandals, $69 at Urban Outfitters
The perfect shoe to sport at every outdoor party on your radar this summer.
5. Strappy Open-Toe Heels, $25 at Forever 21
Neon is summer’s favorite palette, and these shoes make the most of it.
6. Hanson Clear Block Heeled Sandals, $56 at ASOS
I love jelly sandals, and I love these strappy jelly heels even more.
7. Hogl Trusty Pumps, $169 at Farfetch
Couldn’t your office wardrobe use a little vibrant footwear?
8. Paloma Barcelo Suede Sandals, $269 at Farfetch
A statement heel if I’ve ever seen one.
9. Swedish Hasbeens Slip-In Classic Clog, $239 at Urban Outfitters
A more classic clog, for the person who’s fully on board with the heavy footwear movement.
10. Stuart Weitzman Spot Print Block Heel Sandals, $450 at Farfetch
The perfect blend of classic polka dots and even more classic animal prints.
11. Hawaii Strappy Block Heeled Sandals, $56 at ASOS
Just tall enough to qualify as a summer heel.
12. River Island Multi-Strap Sandals, $79 at ASOS
The perfect addition to your night-out wardrobe.
13. Faux Patent Leather Slide Heels, $19 at Forever 21
Sure to elevate any ensemble you’ve thrown together.
14. Bella Strappy Kitten Heel, $49 at Urban Outfitters
A pop of snake print, for the shopper who doesn’t quite want to go all in.
15. Capelli Rossi Colorblocked Heels, $140 at Anthropologie
Kelly green is cropping up everywhere this summer—and these heels just want to keep you on-trend.
16. Seychelles Calming Influence Platform Sandal, $119 at Urban Outfitters
Add inches without sacrificing comfort.
17. Cleat It Fancy Faux Leather Sandals, $30 at Nasty Gal
Here to make festival season a little more manageable (and even more photogenic).
18. Deimille Paul 105 Pumps, $438 at Farfetch
Fans of texture and color, alike, are sure to appreciate these oh-so chic pumps.
19. Iridescent Barely There Block Heel Sandals, $48 at ASOS
Who among us can resist iridescent snakeskin in 2019?
20. Mou Woven Mules, $228 at Farfetch
A clog fit for wedding season.
21. Strappy Heeled Sandals, $95 at & Other Stories
A going-out shoe you won’t regret wearing after three hours of dancing.
22. Alain Tondowski Pointed Structure Pumps, $486 at Farfetch
Not your average statement shoe.
23. By Far Tanya 67 Sandals, $370 at Farfetch
Low-key—and all kinds of adorable.
24. Intentionally Blank Willow Heel, $185 at Urban Outfitters
Aughts-inspired without skewing at all regrettable.
25. Quincy Platform Heels, $128 at Anthropologie
A delightful inversion of the classic patterned strap, solid heel combination.
26. Strappy Square-Toe Heeled Sandals, $129 at & Other Stories
Slip-ons so strappy they’ll surely never slip off.
27. Sophia Webster Diamond Stud Sandals, $465 at Farfetch
I don’t care who you are or where you’re going—hot pink rhinestones are always a good idea.
28. Rachel Comey Khan Heels, $319.95 at Anthropologie
Zebra stripes are an endlessly underrated animal print.
29. Public Desire Afternoon Clear Heeled Sandals, $42 at ASOS
Cinderella’s glass slipper, crafted for the modern age.
30. Aldo Tracey Multi Snake Pumps, $91 at ASOS
Because snake prints and colors are far from mutually exclusive.
31. Miss Selfridge Multi-Strap Heeled Sandals, $40.50 at ASOS
Long live the block heel.
32. Alice + Olivia Woven Stiletto Sandals, $375 at Farfetch
Perfect for pairing with your favorite sundress.
33. Wide-Fit Salary Knotted Heeled Mules, $45 at ASOS
Mules sure to elevate even the cutest of wedding guest ensembles.
34. Halford Chunky Block Heeled Sandals, $56 at ASOS
Perfect for your next weekend out.
35. Schutz x Revolve Leia Mule, $180 at Revolve
A neutral heel with just enough texture to stand out.
36. Iridescent Faux Patent Leather Sandals, $22 at Forever 21
Too fun (and affordable!) to pass up.
37. Miss Guided Snake Print Peep-Toe Mule, $38 at ASOS
Nothing says 2019 like a pair of snake print mules.
38. Montauk Heel, $90 at Free People
Statement-making without skewing over-the-top.
39. Leather Heeled Buckle Mules, $59.90 at Zara
The cherry on top of any office wardrobe.
40. Ann Clog, $239 at Free People
How many pairs of clogs is too many pairs of clogs? Obviously not asking for a friend.
41. Take It from Heel Clear Patent Heels, $35 at Nasty Gal
Illusory in the coolest way possible.
42. Public Desire Freya Yellow Snake Tie-Up Sandals, $42 at ASOS
More colorful takes on snake print, please.
43. Faux Leather Colorblock Mules, $25 at Forever 21
Sure to play well with your favorite athleisure basics.
44. Tenacious Oval Heeled Mules, $87 at ASOS
Peep those structural heels, though.
45. RAYE Nova Sandal, $128 at Revolve
Flip-flops for the person who prefers their sandals invisible.
46. Faux Suede Colorful Heels, $32 at Forever 21
Rainbow accessories are poised to be pretty big this summer—and these heels fully understand that.
47. Gia Couture Bandana Pumps, $341 at Farfetch
When in doubt, put a bandana on it.
48. A Neon Light Touch Strappy Heel, $30 at Nasty Gal
A pop of neon is almost always a good idea.
49. Capelli Rossi Colorblocked Heel Sandals, $130 at Anthropologie
Colorblocking isn’t just a clothing thing.
50. Snake Print Block Heels, $30 at Nasty Gal
More statement-making snake print accessories, please.
51. Claire Lace-Up Platform Sandal, $49 at Urban Outfitters
Platforms are oh-so retro—and oh-so comfy, too.
52. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Cosmo Heels, $130 at Anthropologie
Mules fit for your next vacation and your next night out, alike.
53. Paris Texas Holographic Block-Heel Sandals, $310 at Farfetch
Iridescence isn’t going anywhere any time soon.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.