Scroll To See More Images
Few things make me happier than spring tops. I don’t know what it is about the clothing genre, but it manages to top spring jumpsuits, spring rompers—even spring dresses. Spring tops feel fun, and vibrant, and fresh, and new. It’s almost like the entire season is wrapped up in this one sartorial segment—a genre of clothing so vast and varied it manages to capture every spring color, every spring texture, every spring silhouette and more.
Take a moment to peruse your favorite retailers’ spring collections, and you’re sure to dig up all kinds of spring tops. Some are rendered in dreamy, lightweight fabrics—complete with frills and puff-sleeves. Others offer hot pinks rendered in heavier, but tactilely delightful silk-satins. Then there are the low-key, lettuce-hemmed jersey tanks. The more structured—but somehow still breezy—striped, short-sleeve button-downs. The playful smocked tops. The transparent woven ones. The subtly sexy lace-up ones. Every spring top feels just as magical as the last—and few, if any, feel redundant.
I know the idea of seasonal wardrobe shopping is a contentious one. I personally prefer to stock up on versatile pieces that carry me through the entire calendar year, but even I’m charmed by the selection of spring tops currently pervading the market. I’ve never felt so tempted to throw caution and rationality to the wind, and to stock up on every single spring top that tickles my fancy. Of course, this practice would bleed my bank account dry in no time—the selection of spring tops worth shopping is so immense my budget wouldn’t be able to handle it.
1. Sierra Sheer Smocked Crop Top, $39 at Urban Outfitters
A spring top that combines three of the season’s favorite trends: puffy sleeves, sheer textiles and smocked detailing.
2. Wrangler Oversized Stripe Shirt, $78 at Free People
Not your average blue and white striped button-down.
3. Lisa Says Gah Capri Gingham Tie-Front Top, $88 at Urban Outfitters
Not sure what could make a gingham crop top even cuter? Put a bow on it.
4. C/MEO Collective Elate Puff-Sleeve Crop Top, $135 at Urban Outfitters
Who said off-the-shoulder neckliens and puffy sleeves had to be mutually exclusive?
5. Collusion Unisex Mixed Stripe Shirt, $35 at ASOS
A not-so-average button-down for a not-so-average shopper.
6. Lally Top, $99 at Free People
Ruffled, floral tops are a no-fail option, come spring.
7. Simonett Ezri Sheer Puff-Sleeve Crop Top, $149 at Urban Outfitters
A top sure to render you a high-fashion ballerina.
8. Ruffled Shirt with Pockets, $39.90 at Zara
Because jean jackets aren’t the only way to do denim this season.
9. I.AM.GIA Satin Naomi Ruffle Bustier Top, $90 at Urban Outfitters
The most delicate thing to wear to the club this season.
10. Mesh Peplum Top, $88 at Anthropologie
The mesh leaves this frilly top feeling surprisingly edgy.
11. Bed + Bridge Party Sheer Ruffle Button-Front Top, $280 at Urban Outfitters
Excuse us while we wear all-sheer-everything this season.
12. Rita Row Linda Crisscross Top, $139 at Urban Outfitters
A top so textured you’ll be running your hands over it all day.
13. If You Had My Love Blouse, $78 at Free People
This shot to the top of our wishlist the moment we saw it.
14. Stripe Mix Shirt, $87 at ASOS
A button-down that makes the most of spring’s patchwork trend.
15. Faithfull Marais Crop Top, $109 at Anthropologie
Because nothing says spring like a pastel yellow, polka-dot, tie-front crop top.
16. Daisy Lace Top, $120 at Anthropologie
Dresses aren’t the only way to get your floral on this season.
17. Sounds of Summer Tunic, $168 at Free People
Because off-the-shoulder necklines aren’t disappearing from the zeitgeist anytime soon.
18. Summer Knit Bodysuit, $78 at Anthropologie
A bodysuit that can take you anywhere—the office, cocktail hour, brunch, anywhere.
19. Laura Ashley Winona Organza Button-Front Blouse, $89 at Urban Outfitters
The sartorial equivalent of keeping your head in the clouds.
20. Party Playlist Blouse, $98 at Free People
This wrap blouse comes in three different colors—and we can’t decide which we like best.
21. Textured Cotton Blend Polo Top, $59 at & Other Stories
A polo that feels anything but too-nice.
22. Printed Asymmetric Top, $49.90 at Zara
A blouse that’ll render you a walking work of art.
23. Green Paisley Shirt, $68 at Topshop
If paisley looked like this more often, our closet would be full of it.
24. Out from Under Shoreline Crop Top, $29 at Urban Outfitters
Plays well with your go-to leggings, your favorite relaxed jeans and basically anything else in your closet.
25. Rustic Blouse, $29.90 at Zara
Practically begging to be paired with your favorite statement jewelry.
26. Corey Lynn Calter Giverny Blouse, $120 at Anthropologie
Perfect for basically every occasion on your calendar.
27. Tularosa Molly Blouse, $158 at Revolve
A seriously statement-making spring piece.
28. Tach Clothing Organza Puff-Sleeve Bodysuit, $109 at Urban Outfitters
The sheer textile trend has left this season’s styles feeling particularly costume-y—and we kind of love it.
29. Islander Embroidered Tank, $98 at Anthropologie
A tank that’s as cozy as it is eye-catching—we’re sold.
30. Laura Ashley Lucille Button-Front Peplum Blouse, $69 at Urban Outfitters
Definitely buying this one with its matching bike shorts.
31. Helena Crinkle Short-Sleeve Babydoll Top, $59 at Urban Outfitters
This babydoll top is sure to elevate anything you pair it with—your favorite white shorts, your go-to boyfriend jeans, anything.
32. Satin Cami, $24 at ASOS
A satin cami you can wear anywhere on the weekend.
33. Striped Short-Sleeve Button-Down Top, $54 at Urban Outfitters
Want in on the beachy button-down trend without stocking up on tropical prints? This striped shirt has your back.
34. Tassel Tie Camisole Top, $28 at Topshop
One of the most low-key sexy pieces on the market right now.
35. Olivia Tiered Ruffle Babydoll Top, $49 at Urban Outfitters
Spring is coming—it’s time to stock up on gingham in every form and fashion.
36. The East Order Skye Ruffle One-Shoulder Crop Top, $69.99 at Urban Outfitters
Ruffles and florals and asymmetrical cuts—oh my.
37. Debbie Square-Neck Cami, $19.99 at Urban Outfitters
Perfect paired with a ruffled turtleneck—or worn on its own.
38. Curve Oversized Satin Long-Sleeve Scarf-Print Shirt, $48 at ASOS
This is one of the finest button-downs ASOS has on offer right now, and it’s practically begging to join your spring wardrobe.
39. Favorite Romance Tunic, $108 at Free People
OK, you might’ve worn something like this as a kid—but you’d look seriously hot in it as an adult.
40. Charlie Oversized Button-Down Shirt, $54 at Urban Outfitters
A swim cover-up that’s actually fit for office wear.
41. Smocked Ruffle Crop Top, $29 at Urban Outfitters
Smocked. Ruffled. Gingham. (In crop top form!!)
42. Vesna Puff-Sleeve Peplum Top, $29 at Urban Outfitters
Bring on the florals.
43. Casablanca Top, $78 at Free People
Long-sleeve florals are perfect for spring. A winter silhouette rendered in a summer fabric? Yes, please.
44. Out from Under Jessica Smocked Tie-Shoulder Cami, $34 at Urban Outfitters
Excuse us while we buy every smocked piece we stumble upon this season.
45. Billowy Embroidered Bardot Blouse, $95 at & Other Stories
Not your average off-the-shoulder blouse.
46. Neon Long-Sleeve Organza Top, $51 at ASOS
Equal parts sexy and eye-catching, this hot pink organza top packs a serious punch.
47. Sweet Dreams Floral Print Satin Top, $21 at Lulus
Pajamas you can actually wear outside the house.
48. Super Star Striped Tie-Front Bodysuit, $32 at Lulus
Casual enough to wear out during the day—and hot enough to throw on at night.
49. Long-Sleeve Squiggle Turtleneck, $39 at & Other Stories
Groovy retro magic—we love it.
50. ASTR the Label Stevie Floral Tie-Front Top, $78 at Urban Outfitters
We wouldn’t have thought to pair this frilly top with bike shorts, but we’re so here for the combo.
51. Tie-Dye Print Shirt, $39.90 at Zara
Tie-dye is sure to pervade your life this spring—and this top offers a low-key way into the trend.
52. Party’s Not Over Top, $88 at Free People
Just an all-around classic spring top.
53. Sheer Square-Neck Shirred Top, $54 at ASOS
What do get when you pair a smocked bodice with ever-so-slightly puffy sleeves, floral prints and ruffle details? Sheer. Fashion. Magic.
54. Asymmetrical Printed Top, $39.90 at Zara
A resort wardrobe favorite fit for the office. We’re so sold.
55. Lace-Up Tea Blouse, $40 at ASOS
A day-to-day top that doubles as a flirty going-out piece.
56. Trent Short-Sleeve Button-Down Shirt, $49 at Urban Outfitters
Because you knew tropical print dad shirts had to be on the menu.
57. Dream Girl Top, $68 at Free People
Simultaneously sexy and comfy-casual—basically our ideal spring aesthetic.
58. Potent Polly Puff-Sleeve Crop Top, $45 at Lulus
We’re prepared to pair this with every shell necklace we can get our hands on.
59. Charlotte Sleeveless Printed Top, $98 at Free People
Perfect for layering under cardigans—or over your favorite pair of shorts.
60. Collusion Longe-Sleeve Snake Print Bodysuit, $24 at ASOS
Neon snakeskin is the key to our hearts this season.
61. Remi Top, $48 at Free People
Catch us lounging in this top and leggings for, like, days on end.
62. Moon Child Maxi Top, $128 at Free People
Maxi tops were the genre of clothing we had no idea we needed.
63. C/MEO Collective Close Enough Puff-Sleeve Top, $69.99 at Urban Outfitters
Pinstripes, puffy sleeves and keyhole necklines—what’s not to love?
64. Limited Edition Printed Draped Top, $69.90 at Zara
This edgy top would make for a surprisingly sexy going-out piece—or an unsurprisingly statement-making day-to-day option.
65. Lost Ink Romantic Floral Print Top, $64 at ASOS
This top is romance and sweetness and sleek chic style wrapped up in one.
66. Sparkly Semi-Sheer Top, $39.99 at Zara
Two words: Sparkly. Organza.
67. Amuse Society Rosalina Floral Print Top, $54 at Lulus
A top fit for a romance novel character—or, you know, you.
68. Lala Gingham Button-Down Cropped Top, $39.99 at Urban Outfitters
Gingham crop tops will be our bread and butter this season.
69. Tie-Dye Cropped Top, $29.90 at Zara
BRB, snatching up both pieces of this matching set before it has the chance to sell out.
70. Out from Under Jasmine Tiered Tie-Back Cami, $39.99 at Urban Outfitters
Simultaneously hot and adorable—which, like, goals.
71. Sheer Square-Neck Shirred Top, $51 at ASOS
Vibrant colors. Smocked cuts. Frills. Organza. Everything about this top is straight-up irresistible.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
A version of this story was originally published in March 2019.