Scroll To See More Images
You’ve stocked up on sandals, on swimsuits, on sundresses. And reality has begun to set in: Spring isn’t quite as hot as you remembered it being. Though the season is associated with beach vacations and days spent in the sun, the truth is a little more temperate; spring is a transitional season, and bits of winter trickle in about as frequently as bits of summer do. Meaning now that your spring sandal, spring swimsuit and spring sundress situation is handled, it’s time for you to direct your focus toward a different genre: spring jackets.
Spring jackets aren’t one of those things you really think to stock up on until, well, you have to. Because thinking of spring as anything but idyllic isn’t fun (and shopping is supposed to be fun, damnit!). The thought of hiding your brand new spring dress under anything but a lightweight cardigan isn’t just tragic—it’s blasphemous. A jacket of any kind is sure to dull the shine of your vibrant spring wardrobe, to suck the life out of the new season, to keep you trapped in winter. And we can’t have that, can we?
Thankfully, your favorite retailers haven’t exercised the same sartorial myopia. Your go-to stores have all kinds of spring jackets on offer, making it incredibly easy to find something that complements (not competes with) all that spring clothing you just purchased. There are lightweight military jackets fit for oceanfront wear, cozy teddy jackets covered in spring-facing details, colorful windbreakers set to carry you through April’s impending showers and all kinds of other trendy pieces. The spring jacket landscape is more vast and varied than you could ever imagine—and many of the options are so cute, you might not even mind that it’s 40 degrees outside in the middle of spring.
1. Lightweight Rain Jacket, $56 at ASOS
For all those April showers you keep hearing about.
2. Cloud Nine Sherpa Popover Jacket, $99 at Urban Outfitters
A distinctly spring take on the ever-trendy teddy jacket.
3. Flowy Animal Print Trench Coat, $89.90 at Zara
A trench that skews more kimono than coat.
4. Unique21 Boyfriend Shirt Two-Piece, $45 at ASOS
This adorable shacket (shirt-jacket—it’s a thing) comes complete with a matching midi skirt. We’re sold.
5. Quinn Pullover, $168 at Free People
The perfect addition to any low-key athleisure ensemble.
6. Penfield Stella Sherpa Fleece Bomber Jacket, $180 at Urban Outfitters
Equal parts fuzzy and adorable—what’s not to love?
7. Sierra Striped Seersucker Chore Jacket, $69 at Urban Outfitters
Nothing says spring like hot pink pinstripes.
8. Tractor Co. Work Jacket, $550 at Free People
A jacket that doubles as a seriously statement-making dress.
9. Vans Patchwork Reversible Parka Jacket, $110 at ASOS
Rainbow windbreakers are pretty much always a good idea. (And this one’s reversible!)
10. Levi’s Corduroy Sherpa Cropped Trucker Jacket, $128 at Urban Outfitters
Stay cozy the cropped way.
11. Soraya Midi Cardigan, $460 at Anthropologie
The most eye-catching cardigan we’ve come across in a long, long time.
12. Belted Jacket, $69.90 at Zara
Not your average denim jacket.
13. House of Sunny Jacquard Cropped Work Jacket, $150 at Urban Outfitters
Because dresses aren’t the only way to do floral this season.
14. Lazy Oaf Happy on the Inside Button-Front Utility Jacket, $168 at Urban Outfitters
Utility everything is trendy these days, and we’re stocking up on every possible iteration.
15. Cord Belted Jacket, $64 at ASOS
This jumped to the top of our wishlist the moment we laid eyes on it.
16. Floral Print Blazer, $69.90 at Zara
Doesn’t your spring wardrobe deserve a seasonally appropriate power suit?
17. Finders Keepers Mesa Cropped Trucker Jacket, $139 at Urban Outfitters
The only thing that could make your go-to spring jacket better? Rendering it in millennial pink.
18. Belted Coat, $129 at Zara
This jacket skews more blazer than coat, which leaves it feeling particularly spring-friendly.
19. K-Way Le Vrai Eiffel Longline Zip-Front Jacket, $120 at Urban Outfitters
When aren’t colorful windbreakers the move?
20. Faux Suede Sherpa Bomber Jacket, $109 at Urban Outfitters
A little suede, a little teddy fleece—all kinds of cute.
21. Curve Utility Washed Cotton Jacket, $48 at ASOS
The perfect thing to throw over your favorite tee-and-jeans combo.
22. Leopardess Knit Duster, $480 at Anthropologie
This duster just took maximalism to the next level.
23. Double Breasted Blazer with Pockets, $119 at Zara
Collar-less blazers are endlessly sleek.
24. OBEY Kennedy Hooded Zip-Up Windbreaker Jacket, $85 at Urban Outfitters
Our new unofficial spring uniform: colorful windbreaker + leggings + comfy AF footwear.
25. Corduroy Zip-Front Cropped Jacket, $89 at Urban Outfitters
Because corduroy isn’t (and shouldn’t be!) exclusively reserved for winter.
26. BDG Floral Hooded Bomber Jacket, $119 at Urban Outfitters
A super sweet statement piece.
27. Fisherman Jacket, $95 at Topshop
Is olive the new denim? As far as spring 2019 is concerned, yes.
28. Kule the Popper Jacket, $278 at Revolve
Because one rainbow windbreaker simply wasn’t enough.
29. Bricolage Cardigan, $170 at Anthropologie
Still maximalist—but a little lower-key to Anthropologie’s longline take from before.
30. Harrington Rain Jacket, $40 at ASOS
Once spring is in full swing, we can never get our hands on enough lavender.
31. Pac a Mac Animal Print Rain Jacket, $40 at ASOS
An animal print that looks like a floral? Uh, we’ll take 20.
32. Bagatelle Dip-Dyed Denim Trucker Jacket, $119 at Urban Outfitters
The tie-dye trend has officially infiltrated the world of denim jackets.
33. Corduroy Zip-Front Cropped Jacket, $89 at Urban Outfitters
Bring on the colorful corduroy.
34. Out from Under Hallie Colorblock Hooded Popover Jacket, $49.99 at Urban Outfitters
Because your windbreaker doesn’t have to be colorful to be cute AF.
35. Stars Are Blind Jacket, $398 at Free People
Last year’s Western trend isn’t going anywhere.
36. Double-Breasted Mansy Jacket, $151 at ASOS
Now that’s a power blazer.
37. Vintage 1950s Oversized Work Jacket, $59 at Urban Outfitters
38. Iets Frans Fleece Neon-Trim Zip-Front Jacket, $89 at Urban Outfitters
A classic teddy jacket—with just enough spring-facing detail to keep it vibrant.
39. Expressway Moto Jacket, $150 at Anthropologie
A suede jacket that won’t overpower your spring dresses—even the most pastel ones.
40. Oversized Corduroy Shirt, $49.90 at Zara
Neon and corduroy sound like an odd couple, but this shirt-jacket proves they’re a match made in heaven.
41. Tie-Dye Shacket, $75 at Topshop
Tie-dye is out in full-force this spring—all that’s left to do is shop it.
42. Sporty Anorak, $69.95 at Anthropologie
The cutest damn anorak we’ve ever laid eyes on.
43. Colorblock Windbreaker Jacket, $128 at Free People
The most delightful cure for breezy spring days? Cute AF windbreakers.
44. Sherpa Fleece Popover Jacket, $39.99 at Urban Outfitters
A fleece jacket that’s totally fit for spring.
45. Cropped Suede Trucker Jacket, $119.95 at Anthropologie
Sure to play well with anything in your closet.
46. Faux Leather Jacket, $39.90 at Zara
Colorful leather jackets are slated to pervade retailers this fall—get a head start by shopping the trend now.
47. Striped Blazer, $89.90 at Zara
Something about the stripes on this oversized blazer keep it feeling fit for warm weather.
48. Levi’s Ex-Boyfriend Embroidered Trucker Jacket, $128 at Lulus
Pretty hard to argue with a flower-covered denim jacket.
49. Brea Fleece Hooded Zip-Up Jacket, $79 at Urban Outfitters
Calling it now: We’re going to live in fleece this season.
50. Think Chic Floral Satin Blazer, $59 at Lulus
Snag the matching pants for a seriously spring-friendly power suit.
51. Vintage Overdyed Quilted Linear Jacket, $98 at Urban Outfitters
A trendy jacket filled with retro flair.
52. Wilma Hooded Zip-Front Teddy Jacket, $79 at Urban Outfitters
We’re way too into the use of neon details to freshen up wintry outerwear.
53. Frye the Biker Studs Leather Moto Jacket, $648 at Anthropologie
Something about light brown leather jackets feels spring-y.
54. Curve Blocked Raincoat, $72 at ASOS
A raincoat so cute we’d actually cross our fingers for storms.
55. BDG Sherpa Corduroy Trucker Jacket, $49.99 at Urban Outfitters
Because denim jackets aren’t the only way to get your spring outerwear on.
56. Packable Colorblock Raincoat, $59.90 at Zara
Quite possibly the most fashion-forward raincoat on offer right now.
57. Cropped Denim Jacket, $95 at & Other Stories
Because come spring, the more color, the merrier.
58. Puma Woven Colorblock Shell Jacket, $90 at ASOS
Athleisure so sleek you could wear it anywhere.
59. Everyday Belted Moto Jacket, $160 at Anthropologie
A relaxed take on fall’s go-to equestrian styles.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.