Scroll To See More Images
The quest to find the perfect pair of spring heels is a valiant one. Because while spring sundresses, spring jumpsuits and spring rompers offer all kinds of sartorial value, none of them are really, truly complete until they’ve been paired with some seriously stunning shoes. And honestly—intellectual over-complications of clothing aside—shopping for spring heels is just plain fun.
During the winter, you can’t separate your footwear search from practicality—lest you opt for the wrong kind, slip and wipe out on a patch of black ice inevitably lurking on some sidewalk near your apartment. But spring—spring ushers in an era of fresh frivolity. Your rationale for buying a pair of spring heels doesn’t have to go deeper than, “They’re cute,” a gift we take for granted until the temperatures drop and we’re reminded what a liability the entire season of winter really is. During the spring, colors are brighter, prints are bolder and everything feels a little more delightful. (Amazing how beautiful our lives can be when the threat of a blizzard isn’t looming over our heads at all times, huh?)
I’m no astrologist, but I have something of a sartorial forecast to hit you with: This spring calls for fun. Where winter forced you to worry, spring invites you to be laidback AF. Ogle every cute pair of spring heels you encounter. Covet them. Maybe even buy them. You came, you saw, you Kondo’d—now, treat yourself to all the endlessly stylish delights that lie ahead.
1. Metallic Lucite Strap Heels, $10 at Forever 21
Not gonna lie, you probably owned these in elementary school—but they look way cooler now.
2. Faux Suede Mule, $32 at Forever 21
Quite possibly the most badass mule I’ve ever laid eyes on.
3. Barely There Iridescent Block Heel Sandals, $48 at ASOS
Iridescence is always a good idea.
4. Keep That in Perspex-tive Low-Heel Sandals, $30 at Nasty Gal
Obsessed with these oh-so chunky, oh-so practical and oh-so delightfully retro heels.
5. Barely There Block Heel Sandals, $48 at ASOS
Strappy in all the right places.
6. Santos Bow Kitten Heel Mules, $45 at ASOS
I mean, don’t these just scream spring?
7. DITA Strap Sandals, $55 at Topshop
If I manage to make it to May without stocking up on a pair of textured silver block heels, yell at me.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Adriana Platform Heeled Sandals, $130 at Anthropologie
These look surprisingly easy to walk in, given their height.
9. Roux Neon Cross-Strap Mules, $68 at Topshop
Block heels are in high supply this season, and we couldn’t be more pleased. Shoes that are as cute as they are practical? We’ll take 100.
10. Hayward Pink Clear Heeled Mule, $56 at ASOS
Last year, we thoroughly embraced lucite rendered in its clearest format. Now, it’s getting a colorful upgrade—and we’re here for it.
11. Ryder Mesh Mule Sandals, $80 at Topshop
The comfiest sandals you could possibly wear to the club.
12. Claire Lace-Up Platform Sandal, $49 at Urban Outfitters
One early aughts relic we’re actually happy to see making its way into 2019.
13. Amanda Mesh Mule Sandal, $49 at Urban Outfitters
Not sure why mesh mule is sweeping the fashion scene, but we definitely don’t hate it.
14. Downtown Crocodile Mules, $48 at Topshop
If kitten heels met block heels, fell in love and had a baby—this is what it would look like.
15. Salary Knotted Heel Mules, $45 at ASOS
The perfect statement shoe for any formal event on your calendar.
16. Strappy Heeled Sandals, $95 at & Other Stories
Whether you’re pairing these strappy heels with a sundress or your favorite pair of black jeans, you’re sure to stun.
17. Public Desire Drank Neon Clear Pumps, $49 at ASOS
The 2019 equivalent of Cinderella’s glass slipper.
18. Roka Tie Wrap Heel Sandals, $100 at Topshop
These statement sandals are so over-the-top they probably deserve their own museum exhibit.
19. Nicole Slingback Sandal, $49 at Urban Outfitters
These sandals make us want to resurrect our favorite capris and go-to elementary school butterfly clips.
20. Shell Mules, $89.90 at Zara
Yup, the enduring shell trend has officially made its way to mules.
21. Satine Square-Toe Sandals, $60 at Topshop
So delightfully 2000s.
22. Strappy Block Heels, $32 at Forever 21
A veritable necessity in any closet.
23. Patent Minded Low-Heel Sandals, $25 at Nasty Gal
So cute you’ll never want to take them off. So comfy you’ll never have to.
24. Thin Strap Sandals $69.90 at Zara
Heels for the heel hater.
25. Raise Hell Faux Leather Platform, $30 at Nasty Gal
Going-out heels you won’t resent after four hours.
26. Seychelles One of a Kind Platform Sandals, $109 at Urban Outfitters
Comfy heels are so on the menu in 2019.
27. Saucer Slingback Heels, $56 at ASOS
Spice up your work wardrobe with a little colorful snakeskin.
28. Braided Clear-Strap High Heels, $25 at Forever 21
These are practically begging to join you on your next vacation.
29. Bibi Lou Knotted Heeled Sandals, $152 at Anthropologie
The perfect low-key statement shoe for any outdoor party you hit up this spring/summer.
30. Barely There Block-Heel Sandals, $45 at ASOS
Juxtapose your favorite floral with stark neon shades for seriously bold fun.
31. Heeled Mesh Mules, $49.90 at Zara
More mesh mules. It’s a thing, y’all.
32. Heeled Leather Sandals, $85 at & Other Stories
Heels you won’t hate dancing in all night long.
33. Public Desire Hook Orange Clear Mules, $42 at ASOS
Elle Woods didn’t wear these in Legally Blonde, but she totally could’ve.
34. Suede Mules, $125 at & Other Stories
Honestly, already peeping these for the Fourth of July.
35. Rachel Slingback Heel, $49 at Urban Outfitters
Equal parts mod and contemporary—needless to say, we’re sold.
36. Regina Cross Mules, $75 at Topshop
Barbie would totally wear these.
37. Jade Pointed Mid Shoes, $100 at Topshop
A seriously fashion-forward shoe—for a seriously fashion-forward shopper.
38. Ribbon T-Bar Sandals, $80 at Topshop
Orange is a seriously underrated color, and these bright heels are begging to be added to your statement accessory repertoire.
39. Frankie Heel, $390 at Free People
These buckle heels were made for walking—and turning heads wherever they do.
40. Gabby Block Heel, $128 at Free People
Catch us stocking up on every strappy block heel shoe we see. (Honestly, TG comfy footwear is in its hey-day.)
41. Miss Selfridge Snake Print Slingback, $51 at ASOS
A snake print with a little abstract air flair.
42. Strappy Heeled Sandals, $95 at & Other Stories
Another pair of sandals that would be truly perfect for Fourth of July. (We can’t help but plan ahead, OK??)
43. Chrissy Square-Toe Heel, $39 at Urban Outfitters
We wouldn’t have thought to pair these with an anklet, but Urban Outfitters has us convinced this is absolutely the move.
44. Bernando Harper Embroidered Shooties, $225 at Anthropologie
Just a quintessential spring shoe.
45. New Look Block-Heel Sandal, $32 at ASOS
Washed-out snakeskin, because it doesn’t have to feel overwhelmingly bold.
46. Leather Slingbacks with Geometric Heels, $89.90 at Zara
Business in the front. Party in the back.
47. Katie Slingback Heel, $49 at Urban Outfitters
It’s totally possible we wore these to a middle school dance, like, 15 years ago. But hey, respect the comeback.
48. Seychelles Cascade Platform Heels, $108 at Anthropologie
Perfect for the wedge lover in search of a comfy heel.
49. Dolce Vita Noree Heel, $99.99 at Urban Outfitters
We’re pretty convinced there’s no such thing as too many pairs of basic black heels.
50. Huma Blanco Elaine Leather Mules, $310 at Anthropologie
Low-key mules for day-to-day wear.
51. Faux Suede Heels, $28 at Forever 21
Who knew orange statement shoes could look this good?
52. Beaded Heeled Sandals, $99.90 at Zara
53. Cecelia New York Harper Heeled Mules, $200 at Anthropologie
The perfect spring/summer party heel.
54. Schutz Woven Heeled Sandals, $155 at Anthropologie
A go-to worth adding to your closet.
55. Woven Cowboy Heeled Mules, $89.90 at Zara
Mules were the move in 2018, and they’ll clearly be the move in 2019, too.
56. Strappy Slide Heels, $69.90 at Zara
The classic pointed-toe heel got a very spring-friendly upgrade.
57. Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn Cosmo Heels, $130 at Anthropologie
Can’t you just imagine yourself wearing these by the beach?
58. Leather Animal Embossed Heeled Shoes, $89.90 at Zara
Look, croc heels are everywhere.
59. Charles by Charles David Striped Heels, $99 at Anthropologie
A perfect go-to for spring and summer.
60. Intentionally Blank Monaco Pump, $187 at Urban Outfitters
These scaly pumps are equal parts trendy and practical—remind us why you haven’t bought them yet?
61. Hayward Clear Block-Heel Mule, $56 at ASOS
Because clear lucite is still in the zeitgeist, too.
62. Dolce by Mojo Moxy Nikki Heels, $88 at Anthropologie
Sure to play well with any print in your closet.
63. Leather Mules with Geometric Heels, $99.90 at Zara
The only statement shoe your vacation wardrobe needs.
64. Jeffrey Campbell Pallas Heeled Sandals, $150 at Anthropologie
Something about spring and summer just makes me wanna stock up on red footwear, ya know?
65. Vinyl and Animal Print Heeled Mules, $39.90 at Zara
In case you prefer your snakeskin with a side of snakeskin.
66. Darla Strap Mules, $48 at Topshop
I mean, they’re literally tortoiseshell block heels.
67. Heeled Woven Sandals, $89.90 at Zara
Great for vacations and day-to-day wear, alike.
68. A Neon Light Touch Strappy Heel, $30 at Nasty Gal
69. Liendo by Seychelles Tacuba Woven Heeled Sandals, $138 at Anthroplogie
Why do a woven heel in a classic color when you could score something this vibrant, instead?
70. Places to Go Heel, $115 at Free People
Iridescent straps and lucite heels? Yes, please.
71. Wide-Heeled Woven Sandals, $59.90 at Zara
Perfect for summer nights out.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
A version of this story was originally published in February 2019.