Scroll To See More Images
Spring doesn’t necessarily feel like sweater season, but if we’re being honest with ourselves, it absolutely is. Because as much as we cherish our idyllic view of spring as a series of months filled with bright days, warm temperatures and photogenic trips to the beach, spring is about as temperate as fall. Some days are drip-with-sweat hot. Other days are fuck-I-thought-winter-had-ended cold. And spring sweaters—more specifically, spring cardigans—promise to get you through the ups and downs of it all.
I know, I know—you don’t want to think of spring as cardigan season. It makes the whole thing seem cold, and chilly, and frankly, a little unappealing. But frame it this way: Spring cardigans will allow you to whip out your warm-weather clothes faster. Let’s say it’s 50 degrees outside. You want to wear your favorite sundress, but it’s just a little too breezy to go sans outerwear. Wouldn’t it be better to have a lightweight option—like a spring cardigan—than to have to rely on that puffer coat you’re more than ready to retire?
There’s no hiding from reality here. You need a spring outerwear repertoire. You can rely on your winter selection and keep reliving January all March, April and May long, or you could buy a couple spring cardigans that won’t make you hate yourself when it’s warm enough to bust out your summer favorites but just breezy enough to warrant a few layers. Do yourself a favor, and find your go-to now. There are too many on the market for you to not stumble upon one you actually kind of love.
1. For Love and Lemons Lauryn Oversized Candy-Striped Cardigan, $176 at Urban Outfitters
Because nothing says spring like pastels.
2. Red Eye Cardi, $88 at Free People
The perfect cozy-cute addition to any athleisure ensemble.
3. Vintage Golf Cardigan, $39 at Urban Outfitters
Because vintage dad cardigans are always a good idea.
4. Come Together Cardi, $198 at Free People
Of course spring’s tie-dye trend has pervaded the cardi-sphere, too.
5. Button-Front Cardigan, $35 at ASOS
All the delicate bits of the early aughts, encapsulated in a single, adorable cardigan.
6. Benji Textured Cardigan, $79 at Urban Outfitters
So fuzzy you’ll be petting yourself all day long.
7. Bo Peep Sweater Jacket, $498 at Free People
Basically a robe that’s socially acceptable to wear on the daily.
8. Lazy Oaf Rainbow Knit Relaxed Cardigan, $119 at ASOS
Bright enough to put a smile on your face—even if it’s cold out.
9. Salt Island Jacket, $130 at Free People
Who said cardigans had to be crafted from knits?
10. Big Plans Cardi, $128 at Free People
A cardigan that doubles as a cute AF top—we’re on board.
11. Micha Lounge Oversized Cardigan, $67 at ASOS
Casual without skewing too casual.
12. Groundbreaking Floral Cardigan, $69 at Urban Outfitters
Because dresses aren’t the only way to do spring florals.
13. Slub Knit Longline Cardigan, $19.90 at Forever 21
Short-sleeve cardigans are on the menu for breezy-but-still-pretty-warm days.
14. River Island Jewel-Button Cardigan, $57 at ASOS
A little embellished button goes a long way, as far as we’re concerned.
15. Soraya Midi Cardigan, $460 at Anthropologie
Quite possibly the most eye-catching cardi we’ve laid eyes on in a while.
16. Summer Sweater Coat, $759 at Free People
A quintessential bohemian cardigan—released just in time for festival season.
17. Longline Knitted Cardigan, $25 at Nasty Gal
Anything rendered in spring green is bound to look seasonally appropriate.
18. Ashlyn Tie-Front Cardigan, $59 at Urban Outfitters
This one might not keep you super warm, but hey—it’s cute. And layers are fun.
19. Utopia Cardi, $148 at Free People
Perfect for throwing over swimsuits, dresses and basically everything else in your closet.
20. Oversized Patchwork Boucle Cardigan, $69 at Urban Outfitters
Colorful without feeling over-the-top.
21. Andes Sweater, $649 at Free People
A statement piece in its own right.
22. Na-kd Knitted Zip Cardigan, $43 at ASOS
In case you prefer zippers to buttons.
23. Bricolage Cardigan, $170 at Anthropologie
A cardigan that makes the most of spring’s patchwork trend.
24. Collusion Longline Cardigan, $40 at ASOS
Give us hot pink anything, and we’ll be pleased.
25. Fine-Knit Ruffle-Detail Cardigan, $35 at ASOS
The only thing that could make a cute cropped cardigan more fun? Frills.
26. Missguided Longline Cardigan, $48 at ASOS
An abstract take on the classic animal print.
27. I’ll Be Just Line Striped Cardigan, $20 at Nasty Gal
So cute you’ll be tucking it into your favorite spring shorts and calling it a shirt.
28. Fluffy Yarn Diamond Knit Cardigan, $48 at ASOS
A lightweight cardigan that doubles as a super snuggly blanket—we’ll take 12.
29. Cap Marie V-Neck Knit Cardigan, $366 at Farfetch
This eye-catching cardigan promises to keep you warm and chic up your ensemble—turns out your clothes are just as successful at multi-tasking as you are.
30. Splendid Phoenix Cardigan, $198 at Shopbop
You’re gonna have so much fun just running your hands up and down your sleeves.
31. Ribbed Wrap Cardi, $108 at Free People
This one could definitely double as a comfy AF top.
32. Miss Selfridge Contrast Stitch Cardigan, $46.50 at ASOS
A fashion-forward take on the grandpa cardigan.
33. Twist Yarn Cardigan, $51 at ASOS
Is anything more quintessentially spring than a chartreuse and orange color combination?
34. Vintage Golf Cardigan, $39 at Urban Outfitters
More dad-worthy golf cardigans, because we can’t get enough.
35. Glow for It Cardi, $71 at Revolve
Bring! On! The! Spring! Pastels!
36. Cloth & Stone Belted Chenille Cardigan, $69.95 at Anthropologie
Yet another robe—we’re here for this movement.
37. Petite Maxi Cardigan, $60 at ASOS
Longline cardigans are the coziest way to do lightweight outerwear this spring.
38. Glow for It Cardi, $108 at Free People
Perfect for brightening up even the laziest of outfits.
39. Esprit Chunky Oversized Cardigan, $54 at ASOS
Because even if it’s cold out, slipping into this hot pink cardi is bound to make you happy.
40. Framed Checkmate Knit Cardigan, $213 at Farfetch
Printed cardigans are totally on the sartorial menu.
41. Run to You Cardi, $168 at Free People
Quite possibly the only cardigan we need this spring.
42. Miss Selfridge Bobble Cardigan, $56 at ASOS
Olive cargos and Kelly green cardigans shouldn’t look this good when combined, but they do—and we’re here for it.
43. Lola Cashmere Cardi, $228 at Free People
A cardigan that doubles as a cape for days when you wanna feel extra luxe.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.