Scroll To See More Images
The phrase “spring clothes” summons visions of strappy sandals and equally strappy tops. But let’s be real here—spring isn’t actually that warm. Sure, it depends on the city, but spring is about as temperate as fall; the days are sunny, but breezy—meaning, you might be better stocking up on spring booties than you would on spring wedges. (Or, you know, you could always shop both.)
Spring booties are one of those things that sounds so wrong but feels so right. Ankle boots offer the perfect way to keep your toes warm and cozy without rendering your ensemble totally winter-facing. Booties pair just as well with sundresses as they do with tees and jeans, making them a fitting and versatile addition to any spring wardrobe. (And seriously, ankle boots are cute—if you get an excuse to wear them, why resist?)
While the winter booties landscape was vast and varied, the spring booties landscape is even more so—likely because spring booties don’t need to survive the snow (or pair well with tights). Ever-trendy snakeskin is on the sartorial menu. So are boots in classically vibrant spring shades. And studs. And glitter. And florals. And peep-toe cuts. Call to mind the spring booties of your wildest dreams, and odds are, they exist—you just need to shop them.
1. Elliot Western Croc Boots, $56 at ASOS
Because everything looks better in gold—spring’s croc boot trend, included.
2. Cubanas Chelsea Rain Boots, $148 at Anthropologie
Those April showers are about to come in hot.
3. Public Desire Hollie Mock Croc Ankle Boots, $56 at ASOS
A no-fail addition to any spring ensemble.
4. Friday Night Platform Boot, $198 at Free People
The perfect way to infuse an outfit with a little ’60s flair.
5. Sock It to ‘Em Zebra Boots, $25 at Nasty Gal
A trendy spring bootie, rendered in an oft-under-appreciated animal print—we’re sold.
6. Caged Ankle Boots, $34.90 at Forever 21
A cross between a bootie and a heel—because some days your toes just wanna see the light of day, ya know?
7. Snake Your Way Faux Leather Ankle Boots, $35 at Nasty Gal
Millennial. Pink. Snakeskin.
8. Metallic Western Booties, $54.90 at Forever 21
Metallics aren’t reserved exclusively for winter. (Nor should they be!)
9. Howdy Partner Cut-Out Studded Boots, $32 at Nasty Gal
A classic black boot with a little extra somethin’-somethin’.
10. Tiba Cato Bootie, $795 at Revolve
Such a spring color—and the perfect complement to any ensemble you’ve assembled.
11. Raye Rio Bootie, $228 at Revolve
At this point, the more snakeskin, the better.
12. Medley Mule, $148 at Free People
Just think of these as super sturdy mules.
13. Ganni Callie Western Ankle Boots, $455 at Farfetch
Leave it to Ganni to craft the spring bootie of our wildest dreams.
14. Double Take Two-Tone Boot, $40 at Nasty Gal
All kinds of bold.
15. Isabel Marant Dacken Boots, $488 at Farfetch
These statement-makers are sure to dress up even the laziest of jeans-and-tee combinations.
16. Rhythmic Western Lace-Up Boots, $127 at ASOS
These forest green snakeskin boots are here to add a little edge to your go-to spring florals.
17. Gentle Chunky Chelsea Rain Boots, $35 at ASOS
The more adorable rain boots we can get our hands on, the better.
18. Animal Print Leather Ankle Boots, $149 at Zara
Croc prints might just overtake snakeskin as 2019’s trendiest animal print.
19. Toga Pulla Stacked Heel Boots, $492 at Farfetch
Proof our collective 2018 cowboy boot obsession hasn’t disappeared just yet.
20. Pinko Logo Strap Ankle Boots, $341 at Farfetch
A fresh take on 2018’s logomania trend.
21. Travis Ankle Boot, $198 at Free People
These are basically hybrid strappy wedge/boots—making them an excellent addition to your transitioning-seasons wardrobe.
22. Freda Salvador Joan Pointed-Toe Chelsea Boots, $495 at Shopbop
More snakeskin, because now’s the perfect time to stock up on the print.
23. Vegan Silver Line Boot, $88 at Free People
Available in black and brown, so you can pick the shade that best fits your aesthetic. (Or you could, you know, buy both.)
24. Polly Plume Janis Glitter Boots, $393 at Farfetch
Glitter feels like more of a winter affair than a spring one, but why not bring it into the warmer months?
25. Endless Leather Heeled Boots, $103 at ASOS
The perfect addition to any ensemble, no matter the season.
26. Sam Edelman Roden Slouch Boots, $64 at Shopbop
A classic spring bootie if we’ve ever seen one.
27. Marc Ellis Ankle Boots, $212 at Farfetch
These yellow booties could skew super delicate or super mod, depending on how they’re styled.
28. Clover Field Western Boot, $528 at Free People
More cowboy boots to add to your repertoire, because they’re not gone just yet.
29. Aeyde Ankle Boots, $292 at Farfetch
An excellent (and practical) addition to any spring wardrobe.
30. Miss Selfridge Pointed Boots, $78 at ASOS
In case you have your heart set on a serious statement shoe.
31. Toga Pulla Harness Ankle Boots, $550 at Shopbop
Buckles, studs and other embellishments keep these white booties from skewing too delicate.
32. Nanushka Salsa Chelsea Boots, $414 at Farfetch
These will pair well with anything in your closet. Anything.
33. Hattie High Ankle Boots, $170 at Topshop
These boots combine the best of 2019 texture and 1960s shades.
34. River Island Heeled Boots, $79 at ASOS
Just think of these cut-out boots as a pair of heels that’ll keep your toes warm.
35. L’Autre Chose Peep-Toe Ankle Boots, $361 at Farfetch
Peep-toe booties feel distinctly spring-worthy—especially when rendered in such a pastel shade.
36. Animal Print Ankle Boots, $89.90 at Zara
Why wear simple brown booties when you could wear brown snakeskin booties, instead?
37. Alexandre Birman Kittie Boots, $595 at Shopbop
These pink beauties play well with dresses, skirts, ripped jeans—and honestly, probably shorts, too.
38. Diesel Sparkly Sock Boots, $245 at Farfetch
Long live the boots that look like socks.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.
A version of this story was originally published in February 2019.