These roasted lemon brussels sprouts are a must-know recipe. They’re really easy to make, deliver a hit of healthy cruciferous nutrients, and will fill up your tummy with a smile.
Gaby‘s roasted lemon brussels sprouts are taken to the next level with the addition of garlic. You can choose to mince it up or leave them whole too—which is our favorite way to prepare it. When you leave the garlic whole, they roast in the oven and become golden nuggets of deliciousness. Same thing goes with the lemons—add a few wedges into the Brussels sprouts mix, and you’ll get some good caramelization on those babies. Either way though, you will love the classic combination of garlic and lemon on these perfect little vegetables.
- 2 lb brussels sprouts
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- Sea salt
1. Clean the brussels sprouts by trimming off the ends and peeling the outer layer of the sprout off. Cut each one in half.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Once heated, add the halved brussels sprouts to the pan and sauté for about 7 to 8 minutes on each side until the outer part is a caramelized brown and the inside is soft and fully cooked.
4. Add the garlic halfway through the cooking.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt, and pepper.
6. Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add the cheese on top and serve.
How You Glow is the lifestyle source for health-driven, pleasure-seeking individuals who desire to live a balanced, nourished life. We offer tips, tricks, and solutions on how to get the GLOW, which we define as positive vibrational energy that radiates from the inside out. Most importantly, we inspire our readers to live delicious, vibrant lives, one experience at a time. Follow along on Instagram at @howyouglow.