The Internet was rife with jaw-dropping, gasp-inducing, and just utterly ridiculous news today. See our favorites of the day below!
1. Rihanna got a traditional New Zealand Maori tattoo, which involves driving the ink into the skin using a wooden spike and a mallet. Ouchies! [Daily Makeover]
2. Gwen Stefani announced that she’s doing a line of nail polish for O.P.I., and some editors took their best stabs at what the colors might be named. [The Cut]
4. M.I.A.’s capsule line for Versace Versus will hit stores October 16, and there’s a sneak peek of the looks, which are inspired by fake Versace. [Telegraph]
6. Photographer David LaChapelle caught a group of very, um, fit models on camera wearing nothing but bright socks. We don’t hate it. [WWD]
7. If you’ve ever wondered the real secret to making it in the fashion business, one senior editor dishes on how he did it. [BuzzFeed]