Cha-cha-cha-chia fresca. This raspberry-infused drink packs in loads of nutrients while quenching your thirst. It’s easy breezy to make and a lovely, healthy addition to your routine.
We’re always looking to incorporate chia into our diets in new ways: We add it to salads, to smoothies, to our morning yogurts, and now to our drinks. When chia is in liquid, it expands and becomes “sprouted”—this makes for easier digestion, as half of the work is done for your body already. Filled with incredible omega-3s, fiber, protein, and calcium, chia seeds are super good for you (as many of you know), so drink them up!
This chia fresca recipe is a slightly sweet drink that is perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up or a nighttime quencher.
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 tbsp mashed raspberries
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 3 cups/750 ml (filtered) water
1. Measure out 3 cups of water, preferably filtered.
2. Add chia seeds, mashed raspberries, lemon juice, and maple syrup; stir to combine.
3. Pour into a bottle. Place in the fridge and let sit for a couple of hours or overnight.
4. The chia seeds will expand in the liquid and turn gel-like. Shake before drinking.
5. Keeps for 3 to 5 days in the fridge.
How You Glow is the lifestyle source for health-driven, pleasure-seeking individuals who desire to live a balanced, nourished life. We offer tips, tricks, and solutions on how to get the GLOW, which we define as positive vibrational energy that radiates from the inside out. Most importantly, we inspire our readers to live delicious, vibrant lives, one experience at a time. Follow along on Instagram at @howyouglow.