Scroll To See More Images
Yes, spring is officially here, but that doesn’t mean it’s not still chilly outside. While the temperatures are definitely warming up (especially on the west coast), it’s not quite time to put away all your cooler weather garments. For days when the wind chill is just a little too much to handle or cool nights when you know you’ll need a little something to keep you from shivering, cute plus-size spring coats are the perfect wardrobe option.
Spring coats are the weather-appropriate addition to your closet you might just be missing right now. I didn’t realize spring coats were even a thing until recently, but now I’m obsessed. Basically, spring coats are everything you need to transition your wardrobe to warm weather. Some are super lightweight (for those of us who dwell in the west, where the temperatures have been higher recently) and others are more heavy-duty (for those who have been experiencing annoyingly chilly weather this spring). Whatever your weather situation, you can’t go wrong with a coat that screams spring—and also keeps you from freezing.
Transitioning your wardrobe from winter to spring can be a tedious process, but think of me as your personal guide through this difficult time. I’ve searched for the cutest plus-size spring coats—which, if you wear plus sizes, you know finding extended sizing that’s also stylish can be challenging—and I found 23 perfectly springy options on offer right now. From fuzzy and warm to airy and cool, there are myriad adorable plus-size spring coats that are ready to be your transitional wardrobe’s BFF.
1. Puff Sleeve Trench Coat, $119.95 at Eloquii
Just when you think a trench coat can’t get any cuter—add puff sleeves.
2. DESIGN Curve Coat with Dropped Collar, $111 at ASOS
Baby blue is the spring color you definitely want in your wardrobe.
3. Sanctuary Faux Fur Mini Parka, $229 at Nordstrom
This coat is reversible, so I’ll take ten.
4. Packable Hooded Raincoat, $49.99 at Full Beauty
Spring will inevitably bring rain, so you’ll want a cute raincoat, of course.
5. Longline Anorak, $200 at Anthropologie
Chic and practical, so you can wear it every day.
6. Mixed Print Duster, $89.95 at Eloquii
A flower power vibe if I ever saw one.
7. Long Tailored Blazer, $109.95 at Eloquii
A chic blazer coat that’s totally work appropriate.
8. Duster Coat in Snake, $64 at ASOS
Snake print is totally a neutral now—get on board.
9. Halogen Double-Breasted Trench Coat, $198 at Nordstrom
Cute, versatile and waterproof.
10. Cord Boyfriend Coat, $95 at ASOS
This coat is just slouchy enough to make you look effortlessly cool.
11. 1.State Faux Mink Crop Jacket, $169 at Nordstrom
So warm and cozy, but still looks great with your spring wardrobe.
12. Tier Me Roar Jacket, $65 at Modcloth
OK, ruffles; I see you (and I love you).
13. Flounce Duster, $54.99 at Full Beauty
Hot pink flare sleeves are the way to my heart.
14. In With the Whimsical Cotton Jacket, $75 at Modcloth
A spring staple you need in your wardrobe.
15. Stripe Duster Coat, $72 at ASOS
This duster coat is beyond cute. I’m obsessed.
16. Classic Imagination Trench, $149 at Modcloth
A classic trench with a pop of color. What’s not to love?
17. Mixed Print Duster, $119.95 at Eloquii
So cozy you could wear it as a robe.
18. Kensie Notch Lapel Peplum Coat, $129.90 at Nordstrom
You can wear this coat fall, winter or spring.
19. Fleece Jacket, $49.99 at Fully Beauty
This coat is just thick enough to keep you cozy without making you sweat.
20. Ava & Viv Drapey Trench Coat, $39.99 at Target
The perfect addition to your favorite spring ensemble.
21. Embellished Coat, $89.99 at Roaman’s
This lilac coat is perfect for spring.
22. Plisse Textured Coat, $95 at ASOS
Pretty in pink all spring long.
22. Badgley Mischka Angelina Trench Coat,
Just a classic (and pretty) spring piece.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.