Scroll To See More Images
It’s your party, and you’ll look hot AF if you want to. Everyone should, obviously, be the star of their own birthday party, and typically that comes with a show-stopping gem of an ensemble to help seal the deal. Finding the perfect birthday party dress is a task to be taken very seriously—but not so seriously that you don’t have fun, ya know? Whether your birthday festivities are spent at a hip restaurant, your BFFs apartment or the coolest bar in town, you want to look like the birthday queen you are. Your outfit should scream, “It’s my birthday and I look incredible!” Otherwise, it’s just another night on the town, and not a ~national holiday~ like your birthday is supposed to be.
Look, I know my gemini nature is really showing here, but if you can’t wear an incredibly cute party dress to celebrate your birthday, when can you? Birthdays are sacred, and you should be able to ooze confidence and style while celebrating yourself being born. I’m not telling you to ask your friends to dress a little bit uglier than usual so that you truly shine (Although honestly, go for it if you want. Big dick energy right there.), but I am saying you should party in a dress that makes you glad you’re alive. You deserve to look so damn good on your birthday.
Once you’ve accepted the fact that you are worthy of being the hottest one in the room on your birthday, the next step is actually picking a party dress. I’ve done most of the work for you and compiled a list of 45 different (but all totally cute) dresses sure to look good on any birthday babe. The hardest part is choosing which one to wear on your special day. Birthdays only come once a year, so we might as well make ’em damn special.
1. Ruffled Floral Maxi Dress, $139 at & Other Stories
You’d stun in this little floral maxi.
2. It’s Necessary Tunic Dress, $138 at Free People
Keepin’ it street style cool.
3. Off-the-Shoulder Ruffle Dress, $89.95 at Eloquii
I could never say no to a mustard dress.
4. Villa Middi Dress, $198 at Free People
Very into this zebra print look.
5. Stateside T-Shirt Dress, $108 at Anthropologie
Simple, but oh-so-sexy.
6. DESIGN Chainmail Mini Dress, $60 at ASOS
Hey there, sexy.
7. DESIGN Cami Swing Dress, $35 at ASOS
A classic black frock is always a sound option.
8. Love Ya Mini Dress, $158 at Free People
Perfect for a birthday brunch situation.
9. Nikki Gingham Dress, $178 at Anthropologie
Add an on-trend tiny bag, and you’re set, baby.
10. Floral Handkerchief Wrap Midi Dress, $99 at & Other Stories
This dress has just the right amount of frill.
11. COLLUSION Cami Mini Dress, $24 at ASOS
Add some neon to this ensemble, and you’re the coolest one on the block.
12. WHITE Gathered Neck Dress, $135 at ASOS
Alternatively, just go full neon in this dress.
13. Koko & K Mustard Mini Dress, $32 at ASOS
The twist front detail just makes this dress impeccable.
14. Striped Cotton Linen Maxi Dress, $99 at & Other Stories
Summer stripes all day.
15. Corey Lynn Calter Clare Linen Dress, $194 at Anthropologie
OK, this dress is so fun and colorful. I. Love. It.
16. UO Belrose Off-the-Shoulder Dress, $59 at Urban Outfitters
Spend your birthday in this dress, and you’ll be red hot.
17. Sadie Tunic, $68 at Free People
This dress is the perfect excuse to don some wild accessories.
18. Ohh La La Midi Dress, $138 at Free People
All the florals, please.
19. Like a Lady Mini Dress, $58 at Free People
This burnt sienna color is to die for.
20. Sequin Mini Dress, $59.90 at Zara
Because sometimes you just need a little sparkle.
21. Mixed Print Wrap Dress, $89.95 at Eloquii
Contrasting polka dots? Um, OMG.
22. Fashion Union High Halter Midi Dress, $56 at ASOS
You’ll want to wear this on your birthday and then every day after.
23. DESIGN Mini Swing Dress, $45 at ASOS
This dress is like boho meets Victorian, and I’m into it.
24. UO Puff Sleeve Babydoll Dress, $34 at Urban Outfitters
Summer vibes all day every day.
25. Flowy Printed Dress, $89.90 at Zara
This dress is perfect for your birthday party and your next vacation.
26. Leopard Print Dress, $79 at Addition Elle
Get a little wild on your birthday.
27. UO Imani Linen Tulip Mini Dress, $59 at Urban Outfitters
The little buttons on the side!
28. UO Sabrina Gauze Smocked Mini Dress, $34 at Urban Outfitters
You’d probably find yourself looking for excuses to wear this every day.
29. High-Low Faux Wrap Dress, $89 at Addition Elle
This dress is dramatic in all the right ways.
30. Sanctuary Leopard Wrap Dress, $130 at Anthropologie
More animal print, because it’s on-trend and you can never have enough.
31. Floral Puff Sleeve Mini Dress, $89 at & Other Stories
Yes to those puffy sleeves.
32. Anais Tunic Dress, $98 at Anthropologie
You’re sure to stand out in this bright orange frock.
33. UO Peek-a-Boo Crochet Mini Dress, $54 at Urban Outfitters
The crochet trend is still going strong, babes.
34. UO Hanna Scalloped Babydoll Mini Dress, $49 at Urban Outfitters
This dress is easy to dress up or down for any occasion.
35. Floral Print Dress, $49.90 at Zara
The Secret Garden, but make it a dress.
36. DESIGN Gingham Sundress, $60 at ASOS
Gingham is a summer staple.
37. Sunny Striped Maxi Dress, $238 at Anthropologie
I feel like someone created this dress just for me. That’s how obsessed with it I am.
38. Flounce London Wrap Front Dress, $79 at ASOS
We love a bold dress.
39. Betsey Johnson Halter Midi Dress, $79 at Urban Outfitters
The ’90s will never die—and I’m not mad about it.
40. Wild Honey Tie Shoulder Maxi Dress, $60 at ASOS
Tie sleeves! Yes!
41. Off-the-Shoulder Maxi Dress, $129.95 at Eloquii
Snake print is huge this summer, so jump on that trend.
42. Under the Moonlight Maxi Dress, $148 at Free People
So easy and breezy—and effortlessly cool.
43. Farm Rio Verbena Midi Dress, $198 at Anthropologie
Did you notice the tassels on the straps of this dress, because OMG.
44. DESIGN Skater Dress, $40 at ASOS
I’m loving this mixture of animal print and floral right now.
45. UO Puff Sleeve Babydoll Dress, $34 at Urban Outfitters
If a bouquet of flowers suddenly turned into the prettiest sunset you’ve ever seen.
Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale.