These GLOWnola Energy Bars are dreamy. They’re completely plant-based, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, require no baking … and not to mention, they’re super delish. Simple ingredients, sweet, salty, crunchy, and chewy—energy bar perfection.
GLOWnola Energy bars are a bar version of our addictive GLOWnola. Perfect for breakfast, on-the-go, as a snack, or even dessert. Made with gluten-free oats, almonds, pecans, cinnamon, and dried cherries, these addictive bars do the trick: they give you the energy you need, with only wholesome ingredients. To keep them vegan, use maple syrup and agave instead of honey. What’s so fun is that these bars are customizable and super easy to make. The dream.
We’re always hungry girls looks for healthy options to give us the energy we need throughout the day. Making our own energy bars is really the best solution because we know exactly what’s in them and we seriously can’t get over how delicious they are!
They freeze really well, so make a big batch. They need to stay refrigerated to hold their shape, but trust us, they taste even better when they’re straight from the fridge. Warning: they’re super addictive and you just might fall in love with them!
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (optional: toast them at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes until golden—suggested!)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup/agave)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almonds (optional: toast them at 350 degrees for 8 minutes until golden)
- 1 cup pecans (optional: toast them at 350 degrees for 8 minutes until golden)
- 1 cup roughly chopped dried tart cherries
- 3/4 cup optional additions: chocolate chips, shredded coconut, extra nuts, etc.
1. Prep an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and melted coconut oil.
2. Place oats, almonds, pecans, dried cherries, sea salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix well to incorporate cinnamon. Add in any extra toppings like coconut here too.
3. Place pitted dates in a food processor and mix until it forms into a ball, about 1 minute or so.
4. Put honey, coconut oil, almond butter, and date ball into a pot over low heat, and mix until melted through.
5. Pour this melted mixture over the oats, making sure to coat everything very well.
6. Place this oat mixture into your baking dish, and press down firmly to make sure everything is packed in really well and in one even layer.
7. Cover with more parchment paper and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until hard.
8. Cut them into rectangles or squares, and store them in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!
How You Glow is the lifestyle source for health-driven, pleasure-seeking individuals who desire to live a balanced, nourished life. We offer tips, tricks, and solutions on how to get the GLOW, which we define as positive vibrational energy that radiates from the inside out. Most importantly, we inspire our readers to live delicious, vibrant lives, one experience at a time. Follow along on Instagram at @howyouglow.