YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS STUFFING. This recipe is so good, we secretly want to make it all through the year. It’s really darn delicious and a little bit naughty, but that’s what Thanksgiving is for, right?!
Gaby‘s stuffing is SO easy to make and SO yummy. The wild mushrooms and leeks get a bit caramelized, and then, when you bake it up with the French bread, you’ve just got some golden perfection going on. Whoa. It’s goooood.
1 loaf country-style French bread with crust, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
5 ounces cremini mushrooms
5 ounces shiitake mushrooms
2 leeks, tough green leaves removed
2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
¾ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 large eggs
1¼ cups chicken broth
3 ounces coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread bread on large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread is dry, about 15 minutes. Cool.
2. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. Add mushrooms, and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes. Add leeks, green onions, all the herbs, garlic, salt, and pepper, and sauté until leeks are tender, 6 to 8 minutes more.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously grease a large skillet or baking dish. Place bread cubes in very large bowl. Add warm vegetable mixture; toss to combine.
4. Whisk eggs and ¾ cup broth in medium bowl. Add egg mixture to stuffing, and toss to coat. Mix in Parmesan.
5. Add more broth (about ½ to ¾ cup) to stuffing if dry. Transfer to skillet or baking dish. Cover with buttered foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden, about 30 minutes.
How You Glow is the lifestyle source for health-driven, pleasure-seeking individuals who desire to live a balanced, nourished life. We offer tips, tricks, and solutions on how to get the GLOW, which we define as positive vibrational energy that radiates from the inside out. Most importantly, we inspire our readers to live delicious, vibrant lives, one experience at a time. Follow along on Instagram at @howyouglow.