We know, we know: We’re all on our cell phones way too much. So much that it’s impacting our real-world relationships, making us all unapologetic narcissists, and even affecting our ability to drive safely.
But, listen, no matter how much information is out there, encouraging us to put our phone downs for a certain amount of time everyday and do something like read a book (gasp), it doesn’t seem like any of us are really changing our behavior. So maybe the solution isn’t a change in behavior, but rather an improvement. Mega gaming company King, who produces the obsessive time-suck Candy Crush, has come up with the perfect solution: hand exercises to improve performance.
This is a real thing, guys. It takes less than a minute to work out your hands to optimum cell phone use for everything from playing hours of Candy Crush to getting into a heated text debate with your boyfriend.
Check out the suggestions below!
Repeat the entire exercise five times on each hand:
- Gently rotate the thumb in a circle.
- Spread the thumb away from the hand.
- Lay hand face up flat on the table, then bring the thumb up.
- Alternate touching each finger to the thumb.
- ·With hand extended, touch each finger to the palm.
- Spread the fingers apart from each other. Hold, then release.
- Shake the wrist side to side.
- Extend the hand in a fist, then bend at 90 degrees at the wrist.