Chances are, you’ve probably encountered someone who just didn’t get how you feel about fashion at some point in your life. Maybe you’ve been criticized for limping around in your painful but totally amazing stilettos or called out sick so you could go to that sample sale. Either way, it’s important to realize you’re not alone, as evidenced by the always-trending social media hashtag, #fashiongirlproblems.
As you’re aware, hashtags are one of the best ways to get support from like-minded individuals, including those who suffer from sartorial issues. Here, we scoured Twitter and came up with 15 ridiculous but totally relatable #fashiongirlproblems. Read on and let us know which ones you identify with most!
1. When Santa clearly didn’t get the memo.
— Lucia Debieux (@LuciaDebieux) December 20, 2013
2. Financial obligations coming between you and a hot pink fur sweater.
3. Men who simply don’t understanding what we actually want.
i dont need a date i need cash #fashiongirlproblems
— Pixie Market (@pixiemarketNYC) March 31, 2014
4. The struggle of going to the bathroom when you’re wearing a jumpsuit.
Note to self: Never wear a jumpsuit and go to the powder room by yourself. #fashiongirlproblems
— Lisa Roque (@RoquePrincess) September 9, 2012
6. The extreme turmoil that comes from having to clean out your closet.
Is it called “hoarding” if all my stuff is cute? #fashiongirlproblems
— fashiongirlproblems (@fashgirlprobs) April 5, 2013
7. Getting through airport security.
When your phone auto-corrects channel to Chanel. Oh? I see your tricks. #fashiongirlproblems
— Lola Brazil (@gLamOLAnd) May 25, 2013
9. Dresses that are completely on trend, but impossible to maneuver in.
10. Jewelry that is completely on trend, but impossible to do anything while wearing.
— Keep.com (@keep) January 22, 2014
11. The beauty faux-pas not many people understand.
12. Having to constantly remind yourself that pain is beauty.
— Sudhir gore (@Sudhirgores) March 28, 2014
13. Cashmere death by dryer.
14. Having to wait until Wednesday for StyleChat.
— Poshmark (@Poshmarkapp) July 31, 2013
15. When you come to the pain-staking realization that heels were not the right choice.