Whether home or at the office, add airiness to your space with this Bohemian hanging planter. A perfect showcase for your air plant collection.
4. Once cut, you should have eight separate pieces all about the same length.
5. Gather them all together and tie a knot at one end. Leave a 1-1/2-inch tail of twine.
6. Separate the rope into four sections, with two pieces of rope per section.
7. Taking one section of rope at a time, begin to tie the two pieces of rope into a knot, leaving about an inch above the knot where all eight pieces of rope are tied.
8. Repeat with the remaining three sections of rope.
9. Take the left piece of rope from one section and match it up with the right piece of rope from the closest section to the left of it.
10. Tie these two pieces of rope together, about an inch above your previous knots.
11. Keep going around to complete the other three knots.
13. One more final round of knots coming up, take the outermost piece of rope from one section and match it up with the closet piece of rope from the section to the left of it.
14. Tie the two ropes together to make a knot about one inch above the previous knots.
15. After you finish all four sections, your rope should look like this.
16. Turn over the rope so that the original knot you made to tie all eight pieces of rope together should be at the bottom of the bowl. Place your bell cup in the middle of your ropes.
17. Pull the loose ends of rope up around the sides of the cup, so that the knotted area holds the cup in place and the cup is centered.
18. Gather the loose ends of the rope in place and determine how high or low you would like your planter to hang.
19. Once you have determined the right length, tie off the loose rope in a knot with a loop at the end.
20. Place air plants into the bell cups. Water them outside of the cups and allow to dry before placing them back in. NOTE: We don’t recommend using plants needing soil and water. The cups will start to crack if over watered! If you do want to put a succulent in the cups make sure it’s in a smaller plastic pot and that you water it outside of the bell cup.