If there’s one house that knows how to do couture, it’s definitely Chanel, and this season’s show won’t soon be forgotten. From the attendees to the venue to the actual runway, here are six things you need to know about Chanel’s couture show.
1. Cara Delevingne brought her new puppy, Leo, to the show, because why not?
2. Model-of-the-moment Gigi Hadid walked in Chanel for the first time, joining sister Bella Hadid, who made waves when she made her debut at this fall’s Chanel Métiers d’Art show, and bestie Kendall Jenner.
3. Sleek silhouettes were an innovative choice for couture’s typically ornate silhouettes, and you can pretty much bank on seeing the brand’s cork spectator platform pumps on every street-style star (they’ll be the Chanel sling-back pump of next season.) Also spotted? Full-length evening capes—here’s hoping this trend takes flight.
4. Karl Lagerfeld, famous for hosting his shows at the Grand Palais when in Paris, ensured that there would be only blue skies in the venue this time around, a vast contrast to the gloomy weather outside.
5. The finale featured all the models in a tri-level building that opened dramatically at the end of the show.
6. The Chanel couture show traditionally ends with a bridal look, and this year was no exception — Mica Arganaraz closed the show in a wedding dress with a hoodie. So. Much. Yes.