When it comes to celebrity gossip and conspiracy theories surrounding Beyoncé and Jay Z, we thought we had heard it all: that the pop star was never really pregnant, that the couple has deep ties to the Illuminati, etc.
But the latest rumor to emerge from the mill is quite a doozy. It’s so complex, in fact, that we felt compelled to break it down into an easy-to-digest list form. Read on for all the jaw-dropping details.
- Beyoncé and Jay Z had a longtime bodyguard named Norman Oosterbroek, who was appropriately nicknamed the “Dutch Giant.” Seen above, he was known for his take-no-prisoners attitude toward protecting his clients, who also included the likes of Lady Gaga and Rihanna.
- Oosterbroek was so adamant about protecting Jay Z that, according to the Miami Herald, he once threw a fan who climbed on stage during a Hova concert ten feet from the barricades, breaking both his legs.
- Two weeks ago, according to the New York Daily News, Oosterbroek died after breaking into his neighbor’s home, naked and seemingly under the influence of drugs. Police arrived at the scene and tasered him, at which point the 43-year-old passed away.
- A few months prior to his untimely end, Oosterbroek was fired by Beyoncé and Jay Z, according to the Daily News gossip column Confidential, because he engaged in “lewd acts” while on duty for the power couple. These acts included, but were not limited to, hiring a prostitute while he was protecting the couple on a business trip to Las Vegas—and filming his encounter.
- According to the Confidential report, the “lewd acts” also included “pleasuring himself” to photos of Beyoncé and Blue Ivy. The couple found out about his behavior and fired him immediately, citing a legitimate concern for the safety and well-being of their daughter.
- Here’s where it gets a little more conspiracy-esque: gossip site Crazy Days and Nights reports that American Media company uncovered Oosterbroek’s tape and contacted the Knowles-Carter family for comment. The company owns publications like Shape, National Enquirer, and Star.
- In a desperate attempt to make sure the story never saw the light of day, Beyoncé agreed to appear on the cover of Shape in exchange for American Media’s silence. She appeared on the April issue this year.
We told you it was jaw-dropping! According to authorities at the Miami-Dade Police Department, Oosterbroek had been “in and out of rehab” for a long time and was “highly violent” on the night of his death. Whether or not any of the above is true, it’s clear that the man had his fair share of troubles. What do you think of this crazy story? Weigh in below!