Sure, the groundhog saw his shadow, but that doesn’t mean the allure of spring beauty should be ignored. In fact, we’ve already started to spot some of the most popular nail color trends for spring all over the city, which means a soft and pretty palette isnt going to wait around for a little thing like warmer weather.
If you’re a nail addict like us and are eager to test out the hottest colors of the season, make sure you stock up on these essentials now before they’re sold out. From soft pastels to bold metallics, it’s time to hit the salon and show off these red carpet-worthy looks before spring’s come and gone.
(Check out our top five picks for the must-have nail color trends in the slideshow above!)
1. Teal: A favorite in our office, we've found that teal looks best when applied to shorter nails and works great as a day-to-day color. (Estee Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer, $19 Neiman Marcus)
2. Metallics: Perfect for a date night, Essie's Luxeffects collection is meant to add a metallic sheen (as a top coat) to your fave nail colors. (Check website for pricing and availability)
3. Cool Pastels: Ditch your pretty pinks and try a cool green or light lavender on for size. Bonus --this particular polish is actually scented! (Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer, $23 Sephora)
4. Neons: Everybody's talking about "pop of color" these days, so what better way to show off yours then by indulging in an ultra-bright manicure? (Neon Nail Polish Set, $32 American Apparel)
5. Nudes: If the Hollywood award show season has been any indicator, than nudes and champagne pinks are THE perfect choice for your next black-tie affair or glam outing. (MAC Nail Laquer in Endless Night, $16 maccosmetics.com)