Photo: Pauline Fashion Blog
Tying the knot calls for a wedding gown that’s unique and suits your own personal style—but what if you don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on a standard, off-the-rack dress? Whether you have an aversion to traditional, cookie-cutter dresses, or you want to save cash by wearing a pre-loved gown, it’s worth seriously considering walking down the aisle in something that’s vintage.
Think about it—not only can you snag a unique, retro design from as early as the 1920s, but you could stand to save major cash by choosing a dress that’s been worn just once before.
Ahead, we’ve rounded up the best places to snap up a second-hand look online for your big day.
1. Nearly Newlywed: Rather than sifting through thousands of used dresses, head over to Nearly Newlywed for a careful edit of beautiful, quality gowns.
2. Still White: Right now, more than 10,500 brides are selling their pre-loved wedding dresses on Still White, so you’re bound to find something perfect.
3. Etsy: In addition to vintage and pre-loved gowns, head over to Etsy for beautifully handmade, vintage-inspired designs.
4. ModCloth: ModCloth is known for its quirky styles, and the bridal offering on this online store is no different. While you won’t find much in the second hand category, ModCloth has plenty of vintage-inspired, new designs that are worth checking out.
5. Mill Crest Vintage: Mill Crest Vintage is a bridal boutique filled with only genuine vintage dresses from the 1920s until the 1980s.
6. Preowned Wedding Dresses: This site’s been connecting bridal gown sellers and buyers since 2004, and since they don’t take any commission from sales, the prices are more competitive than many resellers.
7. Wore It Once: Shop hundreds of pre-loved gowns by dozens of different designers. You won’t find many alternative or offbeat looks here, but it’s a great place to grab a traditional gown that’s been worn once before. The website is a little trickier to use than some of the more modern marketplaces, but the dresses are just as good.
8. Easy Weddings: Check out this Australian wedding dress marketplace for pre-loved gowns by Australian and international designers.