So, guys, as you all know, life’s better with food, so much better. Uni’s better with food—with food that gives you energy, cause all the listening can be somewhat exhausting. Can’t it? So what else could one ask for than chocolate-vanilla energy bars?
Vanilla-Chocolate Raw Vegan Energy Bars
½ vanilla bean
8 fresh dried dates, pitted
3 tbsp cashew butter
1 tbsp water (optional, my cashew butter was very dry, if yours is super liquidy you might want to omit the water)
½ cup oats
½ cup shredded coconut
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cacao powder
10 pecans, chopped
- Scrape out the seeds of the vanilla bean, add the vanilla bean seeds, dates, cashew butter, water, oats, coconut, and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until the ingredients have come together to a cookie-dough-like mixture.
- Remove half of the mixture from the food processor and add the cacao to the remaining half, process until well combined.
- Roll the two dough balls into even-sized squares that are both 1-cm thick. Make sure to place them on baking paper and place a piece of plastic wrap in between your rolling pin and your mixture to prevent it from sticking.
- Place the vanilla square on top of the chocolate square and sprinkle the cashews on top.
- To make all the layers stick together, roll your rolling pin over top until you reach 1.5-cm thickness.
- Cut into equally sized bars and store in the fridge or freezer. I like to store mine in the freezer, as I personally really love the slight crunch they get that way; however, if you like your energy bars on the softer side, just store them in the fridge.
Fanny is first and foremost a major foodie. She loves anything about food: She loves preparing it, styling it, shooting it, and, of course, eating it. Her blog is her creative outlet on which she weekly publishes plant-based recipes. From the most indulgent chocolate treats to healthy breakfasts and delicious dinner recipes, she’s got you covered. Follow along on Instagram at @fannythefoodie.