The tents going up, Givenchy heels running across virtually every corner of Rue de Rivoli, and booked-solid-until-next-Thursday it-restaurant La Societe, mean only one thing: the celebrities are here. Even though PFW technically started today, we say it ain’t a party until 10AM tomorrow, when Balenciaga debuts their Spring/Summer 2010 collection. This may or may not be why we had so much time to catch glimpses at some of our favorite celebs promenading around Le Marais, the Champs Elysees, and St. Germain de Pres today. Below, find our five favorite sightings in the last five seconds.
1. Lindsay Lohan decided on fluorescent blonde locks for Paris, nice. She touched down in Paris last night and popped into the Prada boutique on Rue de Grenelle early today with an attractive unidentified babe (tweet me?). Seriously Linds, make up your mind, you can’t have the eligible bachelors and lesbians. Something tells me you are going to bend the borders of sexuality in the duration of your stay.
Here’s one more sighting. Same day, different outfit. When’s the last time you read a book? Are those motorcycle gloves we see?
2. Rihanna heads to the Champs Elysees to check out the newest digs at…Adidas? Crossed fingers hope she shows up at the Balmain show tomorrow in limited edition shoulder-padded Adidas sweat suit and cheetah print Louboutins.
3. John Galliano emulates Fiddler on the Roof at the Tyen: Thirty Years of Creation cocktail celebration hosted by Dior. Look, if you want to wear blazers without anything underneath, wrinkled harems, and burgundy knit socks we won’t stop you. Just, why?
4. Bruce Willis wears a suit designed by Galliano with lady lurve Emma Hemming at the same cocktail celebration. My invitation to said party must have gotten lost in the mail.
5. Miranda Kerr plus boyfriend Orlando Bloom walk through Le Marais before shows are in full swing. How precious; model plus celebrity heartthrob boyfriend spend some quality time together in the City of Love before they dominate Paris Fashion Week together. Kerr in Paris for under 24 hours; 2 points. Blogger living here four months; 0. Fail.
It’s not too late to book your flight! The sightings are only going to get better (if only because nudity is legal here). Lady Gaga, we’re looking at you.
A demain sur les tentes.