No matter how many other preparations you might make for Oscars night, no awards evening is complete without a good cocktail. Which is where we come in. Below we have four cocktail recipes that have just enough glitz and glam to make them Oscar-worthy. So go on and get inspired, these drinks will be a hit no matter what your plans are for Sunday night.
Make sure you check back in with us tomorrow to join StyleCaster’s Oscars drinking game! (Duh, it’s an award show — when do we NOT drink during those?!?)
Mixologists: Aimee Baroud & Maureen Muller (IL)
- 1 part Oranje flavored Van Gogh Vodka,
- 1 part Raspberry flavored Van Gogh Vodka,
- 1/2 part Chambord,
- 1 part 100% pineapple juice.
- Shake over ice.
- Pour into champagne glass – half full.
- Fill to rim with Moet & Chandon Champagne.
Crystal Cosmo (an ode to this year’s host Billy Crystal)
- 1 1?2 oz Voli Lyte
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 1?2 oz Agave Nectar Top with Prosecco
Garnish: Lemon twist In a mixing tin, add ice, Voli Lyte, lemon juice, agave and shake. Strain into a martini glass and top with Prosecco.
The Golden Era (inspired by Midnight in Paris)
- 1 1?2 oz Voli Orange Vanilla
- 2 oz Lemonade
- 1?2 oz agave nectar
- 1?2 pineapple juice Garnish: Orange Wheel
In a mixing tin, add ice, Voli Orange Vanilla, lemonade, agave nectar, pineapple juice and shake. Strain into a martini glass.
The Streep Sweep
- 1.5 oz Belvedere Unfiltered
- oz black pepper simple syrup*
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of black pepper
- Soda water
Shake and strain into an ice filled highball
glass and top with Fever Tree soda.
* Infuse cracked black pepper into simple