So you don’t have a closet in your bedroom? It is, unfortunately, a design dilemma that a lot of people share. Storing your clothing without a closet though doesn’t have to be an eyesore. Simply think about it in terms of turning your clothing into a part of your home’s decor. Here, five simple solutions to consider.
1. Armoire: You can always go old-school and get an armoire, or even a chifferobe. What’s the difference? A chifferobe combines space for hanging clothes, with a section for drawers, while an armoire is simply a standing closet.
2. DIY Clothes Shelves/Bar: You will be surprised with the many beautiful options there are in terms of creating built in shelving. Think of a wall of shelves displaying your sweaters for instance. You can also hang a DIY clothes bar from pretty much anywhere in your house.
3. Bookshelves: Bookshelves don’t have to be for just books. Use them as a chic alternative to a shoe rack, or as a place to store handbags, sweaters, and pants.
4. Clothing Rack: This time old solution to the no closet problem can be both chic and functional. Hate the way it looks? Install a curtain to cover it, or hide it behind a room divider.
5. Trunks: Trunks and decorative benches are great for acting as a makeshift dresser. Or use pretty suitcases to store out of season clothing in.
Shop This Room: Coco Chanel’s Paris Living Room
5 Ways To Make a Small Bedroom Look Bigger
you are reading
No Closet In Your Bedroom? Here Are 5 Design Solutions To Try