Name: Lorae Russo
Age: -less like our products
Occupation: Creative Director/VP for the sak and Elliott Lucca, bags
Location: across the street from the empire state building! I see it out my window.
1. First things first: Where do you shop? Do you have a secret store?
My most recent purchases were a pair of vintage shoes from Cherry and a dress from Shelley Steffe. I love both because they feel exclusive, like secret stashes of the good stuff that I don’t see other people wearing.
2. How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
I would like to negotiate for more sentences.
3. What is the ultimate item on your wish list this season?
I can’t wait to carry the new Mirabella from Elliott Lucca and the new demi saddlebag from the sak.
4. Who are your favorite designers?
Rick Owens and My friend Vanessa Lundborg.
5. If you could swap closets with anyone, who would it be?
Lisa Bonet- remember her wardrobe on the Cosby show? She is one of the only sitcom characters with her own true sense of personal style.
6. What are your favorite online destinations?
Daily OM for my horoscope.
7. If you had a time machine, which style era would you visit first?
The next century, what’s next?
8. If you could get fashion advice from one person, living or dead, who would it be?
Coco Chanel, in her time she was so much about comfort as well as lifestyle. I wonder how her collection would really evolve if she were around today. I bet she’d like the sak.
9. If you could emulate the style of a fictional character, who would it be?
Lately I feel like wearing belted slips or shifts with men’s pieces, such as wing tip shoes, similar to the nameless girl in “The Lover.”
10. Tell us about the five pieces you find yourself buying, wearing, and replacing over and over again.
1. T-shirt styles from Rick Owens and love by yaya.
2. Helmut Lang tank dresses
3. Free City tanks and pretty underwear, because tee’s and undies always have to be replenished
4. Vintage jeans
5. My original crochet drawstring bag replaced with the new sakroots eco version. It’s like the jeans and t-shirts of bags.
11. How much is too much to spend on a pair of shoes?
Any amount that is more than you would pay for a piece of art that might help support a young artist.
12. Who is your style soul mate?
13. It’s your Final Supper—who’s there and what meal do you ask for?
I don’t know if I could eat. Maybe just a lemonade and my real life soul mate.
14. Did you go to Prom? What did you wear?
Yes, I pulled an old YSL black one-shoulder gown from the cedar closet. It rocked.
15. What theme song best describes your life?
Warm Love, by Van Morrison