This lemon chicken recipe is, much like our mom, the hands-down best. Why is it among our most-requested recipes? Perhaps it’s because the chicken is marinated in white wine and lemon juice, or that it’s topped with a sprinkle of brown sugar. Or it could be because it’s baked in a citrus broth mixture to juicy perfection. You better stock up on lemons because this Lemon Chicken is going to become a weeknight staple.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp olive oil, divided in half
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
6 lemon slices
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, for topping
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
1. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, white wine, and chicken breasts in a large glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least four hours, but preferably overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13-x-9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Remove chicken from marinade (discard remaining marinade) and lightly coat in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
4. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add half the chicken breasts and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer browned chicken to the prepared baking dish and repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and chicken, adding to baking dish in a single layer.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar over chicken breasts. Pour chicken broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top each breast with a lemon slice and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Lisa and Julie are the saucy sisters behind BiteMeMore.com. We love to connect with our fans daily on our YouTube channel and our website, where we share our secrets, serve up solutions, and help you answer the question “What’s for dinner?” every night of the week. Follow along on Instagram at@bitememore.