With this recipe, we’re throwing it back to Dr. Seuss. We’ve got you covered on the green eggs part, all you have to bring is the ham! #GreenEggsAndGLOW
It’s always more fun to eat your eggs when they’re green—and more nutritious, too, of course! By blending spinach into your egg mixture, you load up on tons of iron, protein, and vitamins from the dark leafy green. From there, you can really fill up the frittata with anything you’d like—a lovely and classic combo is goat cheese and tomatoes, but experiment with different fillings like mushrooms, onions, asparagus, potato, and, of course, ham!
This is a great meal option for any time of day, really. Healthy, easy, filling, and super fun to eat.
Ingredients: (makes 1 small/medium frittata)
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon almond milk/water/organic milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder (plus more to your liking)
- salt + freshly cracked pepper
- handful cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ log goat cheese
- basil + flaky sea salt for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place eggs, spinach, almond milk, garlic powder, and pinch of salt and pepper into a blender and mix to incorporate well—you want the mixture to be green throughout.
3. Place a pan on the stove to medium heat; add a dash of olive oil to coat the bottom.
4. Put the egg mixture into the heated pan, then add in some of the halved cherry tomatoes and chunks of goat cheese.
5. Let the bottom of the frittata set a little bit. Add the remaining cherry tomatoes and goat cheese to the top of the frittata, and then place the pan into the preheated oven for about 5 or so minutes, or until the top starts to get a bit golden in color and the frittata is set.
6. Garnish with basil, flaky sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper. Enjoy!
How You Glow is the lifestyle source for health-driven, pleasure-seeking individuals who desire to live a balanced, nourished life. We offer tips, tricks, and solutions on how to get the GLOW, which we define as positive vibrational energy that radiates from the inside out. Most importantly, we inspire our readers to live delicious, vibrant lives, one experience at a time. Follow along on Instagram at @howyouglow.