Slow-roasted curried carrots are one of nature’s greatest gifts. They’re sweet and savory and oh so, so, so deeeelish.
When you slow-roast carrots, something divine happens. Like us, Kara is obsessed with them, so she treated us to these delicious babies when we came over to her house.
When you add savory spices like curry to the carrots, it just takes them to the next level. The carrots get soft yet caramelized and crispy and glisten with intense flavor. Add some chopped cilantro and hummus, and whoa, you’ve got the perfect appetizer or light meal.
Roasted Curried Carrots
1 lb of heirloom carrots, rinsed and peeled
1 tablespoon curry powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Tahini or hummus for dipping
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Chop your carrots into halves or quarters lengthwise (depending on thickness).
3. On a large baking sheet, add your carrots, curry powder, coconut oil, and salt. Using your hands, coat the carrots evenly.
4. Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil to keep the heat inside, then bake for about 30 minutes.
5. Remove the covering and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden.
6. Remove from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes, then plate them and toss with your fresh chopped cilantro.
7. Serve with a side of tahini or hummus!
Recipe by: Kara Elise
Photography by: Sasha Young
How You Glow is the lifestyle source for health-driven, pleasure-seeking individuals who desire to live a balanced, nourished life. We offer tips, tricks, and solutions on how to get the GLOW, which we define as positive vibrational energy that radiates from the inside out. Most importantly, we inspire our readers to live delicious, vibrant lives, one experience at a time. Follow along on Instagram at @howyouglow.