Photo: © Luca Cannionieri
No one has hours to primp every day, so we learn to adapt and customize certain products to specific needs we have, experimenting to see what works best.
I’m a firm believer in a streamlined, eco-conscious approach to beauty. Double-duty beauty products fall right into the less is more philosophy, so I’m happy to share my tried-and-true tips to streamline your beauty routine.
- Tinted lip balms can also work as cheek stains. Just make sure to use sparingly for a slight flush!
- Cleansers formulated with salicylic acid can double as a shampoo to combat a greasy scalp.
- A great standby solution if you get a big red zit is to dab some Visine on it–it really will get the red out!
- In a pinch, you can use a rich moisturizer or facial mask as a hair grooming cream. A tiny dab tames flyaways and keeps hair in place.
- Bronzing gel can be used as temporary hair highlights. Starting at the roots, smooth a little on select strands to add shine and dimension.
- Lip balms are the multi-tasker of the beauty world. I love to use it as an eyebrow tamer or as a cuticle cream.
Francesco Clark, founder of skin care line Clark’s Botanicals, has a deep and personal connection to botanical skin care products. The line was born out of tragedy when Francesco suffered a crippling spinal cord injury in 2002. Unable to walk, feel or even sweat, he suffered from clogged pores and chronic breakouts that he could find no cure for. Francesco turned to his father, Dr. Harold Clark, a physician trained in both traditional Western medicine and homeopathy, to develop a paraben-free line that effectively rebalances skin using natural extracts, helping the skin to calm and heal itself.