Fine lines can really put a wrinkle into looking younger. Not anymore! Olay‘s new Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex is an anti-aging cream that instantly reduces the appearance of fine lines and imparts a gorgeous radiance. To celebrate the launch of this new miracle worker, we asked our readers to share their best anti-aging skin care secrets. We found these 10 beauty tips to be smart, savvy and even surprising.
“Life is too short to worry. Less stress keeps you looking younger!”
– reader Michelle Ericson
1. “I am firm believer of NEVER going to bed with a dirty face. Use a gentle cleanser (soap is too drying), and a good moisturizer. Once a month I moisturize with olive oil. I have received repeated compliments on my skin because of this.” -Judy Thompson
2. “We all know the do’s and don’ts: Drink lots of water, use sunscreen and moisturize with quality products. I would add wearing sunglasses outdoors, to minimize eye crinkles, and smiling, to keep away the basset hound droops. A smile makes everyone appear younger!” -MaryAnn Karre
3. “Every morning when my moisturizer goes on, I massage my face. It stands to reason that if you exercise your body, you should exercise your facial muscles too. I don’t look my age (55) and I have no wrinkles.” -Deborah Hughes
4. “My best tip is don’t tan. Hindsight is 20/20. I wish someone would have warned me; at 47 the damage I’ve done saddens me.” -Kim Thompson
5. “I like to use organic coconut oil to remove makeup and to apply just after a shower.” -Poomie
6. “I’ve never had a day without sunscreen on my face. Even if you aren’t going out in the sun for a long time, incidental sun exposure will age you over the years. Hydration is also important for plump, youthful skin! Finally, when applying makeup, I use a slightly lighter concealer under my eyes to brighten dark circles, then a small dab of illuminator on the inner corners of my eyes. I’m 28 but when asked, most people guess I’m still 21.” -Tiddleewinks
7. “Once or twice a week I lay down with cucumber slices on my eyes or a eye mask that has been chilled in the refrigerator. Not only does it help me look younger it’s also really relaxing!” -Jengen123
8. “Daily chemical exfoliation (BHA and/or AHA), plus a broad spectrum sunscreen loaded with antioxidants keeps my skin clear, lineless and glowing!” -Diana Devlin
9. “Toss old makeup, sunscreen, and moisturizers. They are ineffective and can result in breakouts, sunburns or worse, infections. And definitely use a humidifier during the winter.” -Gumercinda Frecklebutt
10. “Do not worry so much. As I get older I find that the little things that use to make me anxious are not that important. Life is too short to worry. Less stress keeps you younger looking.” -Michelle Ericson
This post is sponsored by Olay. The information included is the honest opinion of our editor. Please read our Editorial Ethics Pledge if you’d like to know how we select products to feature.