Squeezing a workout into your hectic sched? Finding the time or energy to touch up your post-gym wet locks: Seemingly impossible. Those were our thoughts before our editorial director, Justine Marjan, and Furthermore by Equinox introduced a genius solution: the simple low chignon.
No joke, all you need is a couple of minutes and a few bobby pins. Watch the how-to video below and follow Justine’s instructions to get the look. A très chic post-gym chignon is just the cherry on top.
- Start on damp or freshly washed hair.
- Use a fine-toothed comb to slick your hair back into a low pony, securing with an elastic band.
- Twist the length of the pony until the very end, securing with another elastic band.
- Loop the twist around, creating a knot, but don’t pull the ends through.
- Use bobby pins to secure the chignon.
Justine’s styling tip for a longer-lasting chignon: Keep the pins closed and use the ridge-side against your head.
Mane Addicts is the one-stop destination for all things hair. Showcasing the experts behind the scenes, we bring firsthand access to the most coveted celebrity and editorial looks, international city guides, hair how-tos, shopping guides, need-to-know hair-related content, and an endless supply of #manespiration. Follow along on Instagram at @maneaddicts.