Today marks Britney Spears' 32nd birthday, and to celebrate, we're taking a look back at all the important lessons we've learned from the pop princess over the years.
1. You're never too old for pigtails. Britney sparked one of the biggest beauty comebacks of all time when she sported braided pigtails in her "Baby One More Time" music video. Lesson learned? Don't be too quick to dismiss a certain style because it's kiddish.
2. Start each day with a ton of crunches. Back in her heyday, Britney reportedly did up to a 1,000 sit-ups a day. It may seem excessive, but you never know when you'll have to perform in a sexy crop top, right?
3. Experiment with your look. You don't have to go permanent with your makeover. Take a page from Brit and try something temporary, like a wig.
4. Don't be too hasty when making big hair decisions. Before you make that cut, take a minute and ask yourself if you're absolutely sure...
...Because you will be the one living with the consequences.
5. Always put your best face forward.
Whether you're walking the red carpet or putting in another day at the office, keep on smiling (and maybe keep your chin out).
6. Don't be afraid to switch things up. Just because she spent most of her life as a blonde didn't stop the singer from switching back to brunette every once and again. Change is the spice of life.