That’s right, that same plant your parents put on you to soothe your childhood sunburn is also an ingredient frequently used in beauty products. The gel found in the Aloe plant leaf has been shown to help heal various skin conditions such as eczema and minor burns, making it a perfect ingredient to help soothe super dry skin and repair hair.
1. This oil-free daily face moisturizer infuses the skin with aloe vera and green tea, a powerful antioxidant. The moisturizer not only protects from free radical damage, repairs and strengthens the skin, but also prevents dehydration for a soft, healthy, luminous complexion.
Alba Aloe & Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer, $17, at drugstore.com
2. Kiss My Face combines the healing properties of aloe vera with the richness of olive oil to create this unique cleansing and softening bar.
Kiss My Face Olive & Aloe Soap, $4, at drugstore.com
3. This fragrance-free toning complex serves as a great post-cleanse treatment to rehydrate the skin or as an after-shave tonic to calm distressed skin for men.
DDF Aloe Toning Complex, $32, at ddfskincare.com
4. This ultra-moisturizing balm with soothing aloe calms sun-exposed skin. The balm provides a post-sun “repair” to help prevent today’s sun exposure from becoming tomorrow’s visible damage.
Clinique After Sun Rescue Balm with Aloe, $20, at nordstrom.com
5. The Almond & Aloe Hand and Body Emulsion with silk is a luxurious moisturizing lotion that smoothes on like velvet, absorbs instantly, leaves skin plump with moisture and silky soft.
Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe Hand and Body Emulsion with Silk, $17, at caswell-massey.com
6. This gentle shampoo formulated with cleansing and conditioning agents is derived from wheat, potato starch, and sunflower. The aloe in this neutral-pH shampoo is ideal for delicate hair, as it works to moisturize and protect the hair and scalp.
Korres Aloe and Soapwort Shampoo, $18, at sephora.com
7. An excellent moisturizing, anti-itch cream formulation for all skin types- the combination of aloe vera, hydrocortisone, and antioxidant micellized vitamin E provides temporary relief from minor skin irritations such as inflammation, eczema, cosmetics, jewelry, and skin peels.
Peter Thomas Roth Aloe-Cort Cream, $30, at beauty.com
8.Tarte FRXtion Sugar Lip Exfoliator and Soothing Balm features exfoliating sugar crystals and vitamin E vanilla lip balm to soothe, calm and protect lips. A built-in mirror on the cap allows for on-the-go application. This exfoliating lip stick contains skin invigorating ingredients such as aloe leaf extract, known for soothing, healing and antiseptic properties, chamomile extract to treat and heal dry skin, and jojoba seed oil.
Tarte FRXtion, $11, at sephora.com
9. Combination and acne-prone skin has met its match with this powerful A.M. and P.M. cleanser formulated with aloe vera, chamomile, and plenty of beneficial vitamins to soothe, clear, restore balance, and deeply cleanse the skin.
Ole Henriksen Aloe Vera Deep Cleanser, $30, at sephora.com
10. This moisturizing cream shave’s soap-free formula provides lift and glide, rinses clean and soothes sensitive skin for a perfect shave. Aloe vera and plant oils nourish, moisturize and provide glide for a smooth, close shave as beta glucan helps speed the repair of nicks and irritation.
Avalon Organics Aloe Unscented Moisturizing Cream Shave, $6, at avalonorganics.com