Need a polished look with staying power for that important business meeting (or sultry soiree, for that matter) and don’t want to look like a bridesmaid gone wrong? Or are you just running late in the morning and don’t have time for much else? Channel Kate Bosworth or Diane Kruger and try a softly undone chignon.
Here, Fekkai stylist Lindsay Block works with model Sandra Rieder and shows us how to whip up this gently-swept, chic look with just a few tricks and pins. Loosely secured at the nape of your neck, this easy style lends a dose of deconstruction and casual femininity without weighing you down. Watch the video above to see just how easy it is to scrape together this look at home in a flash. Skip the blow dryer and hit the snooze button.
How to get the look at home:
- Take a section of hair at the crown of the head and gently tease at the roots for body and height
- Separate out the front two pieces of hair around your face
- Pull the rest of your hair backwards and gently tease as well
- Begin twisting the ponytail, teasing slightly more as you go
- Begin to form your chignon to your desired look
- As you twist, pin securely in place
- Once you have your base in the back, begin softly pulling back front pieces and secure
- Finish off with Fekkai’s Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray to keep your look for longer without hair getting stiff or sticky and you’re good to go!
For more information about our relationship with Fekkai, click here: cmp.ly/3