To be fair, Sandler’s recent resume is quite literally overflowing with stinkers including the unmemorable gender-bender “Jack and Jill” and “That’s My Boy,” all of which contribute to his overpaid status.
Forbes looked at the last three movies starring some of the biggest names in Hollywood—although only one woman Sandra Bullock, made the list this year—and calculated what they were paid and how much the movies made to come up with what’s essentially a return on investment number for each celebrity. In Sandler’s case, they estimate that for every $1 he was paid, he returned an average of $3.20.
Below, check out the rest of the list, then head over to the Forbes to read more about how they came up with the findings.
1. Adam Sandler (returns $3.20 for every $1 earned)
2. Johnny Depp ($4.10 for every $1)
3. Ben Stiller ($4.80 for every $1)
4. Ryan Reynolds ($4.90 for every $1)
5. Tom Hanks ($5.20 for every $1)
6. Will Ferrell ($6.60 for every $1)
7. Channing Tatum ($6.70 for every $1)
8. Denzel Washington ($6.90 for every $1)
9. Sandra Bullock ($9 for every $1)
10. Ben Affleck ($9.37 for every $1)